- Disguise ‗ ❍

Book: Disguise

Book: Disguise

Author: ChocolateLumps

Reviewer: ItsBangtanBeaches

Blurb (2/5) 

The whole beginning of the plot has been revealed in the blurb. And not only that, a huge plot twist has been revealed, too. This makes it uninteresting and won't gain you any readers. 

There are also many grammatical errors and readers who are fluent in English would never choose to read or recommend your books. Work on making the summary shorter and too unrevealing, and then edit it thoroughly. 

Cover (2/5)

Although the cover does give off a mysterious vibe, I think you could've chosen a better one. Also make the title and the little text under it bigger, it is unreadable.

Title (3.5/5)

I can't say the title doesn't fit the book. In a way, it does.  But not only is it common, but also there are better titles out there. Get a little more creative. 

First impression (3/5)

I think I first liked the look of the cover, so I was excited to read. But the blurb absolutely set me off and then later I found no connection to the title and the cover. So overall, I am not satisfied. 

Reader's interaction (4/5)

Pretty okay. Good job with this one.

Plot (5/15)

So cliché.  There is zero creativity or originality. Everything was predictable, and sorry if you think I'm being rude, but I'll say it. It is boring. A well-crafted never-seen-before plot, flawless grammar, and a unique writing style. To spark the interest of readers,  you need to at least have one of these, if not two or all. Super disappointing.

Plot twists (2/10)

Like I mentioned above, everything was predictable and there was no suspense.

Grammar (3/10)

Horrible grammar. I have no idea where to start. Let's begin with punctuation for now. "Stop!..." This is wrong. Two different punctuations don't go together, except in a few special cases. Some sentences make no sense at all. 

I cannot help you, I don't know what can. Since I can't point out every little error, i will give you two suggestions. 

Try getting an editor through editing shops available on wattpad. Or ask a friend who is fluent in English to help you out.

Give grammarly a chance. It can improve your writing a lot, and will do all the hard work in seconds. 

Emotions and feelings (3/10)

Under-described, unrelatable, cannot be felt by the reader. Work on describing emotions of the character better. You can never go overboard with describing.

Character development (4/10)

Poorly developed characters. They require more to their personalities. It is important that the characters have a persona or a backstop that will help the readers connect to them or understand why they behave or make decisions the way they do. 

Writing style (3/10)

I have nothing to add here. Please work on all the points I have mentioned above. 

Overall (6/10)

Do not take anything I said personally. I do not mean to offend you, I'm just doing my job. Giving you marks here only because the total score is very low. 

Total: (40.5/100)

5/100)