~ 42 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

Arpita was about to serve sweet pongal to Rishi when Sravya squealed, making everyone look at her.

"What happened, Sravya?" Sakshi asked her.

"Nothing, Atta. Vadina (sister-in-law) was about to serve sweet pongal to Mamayya. So, I was just going to stop her," said Sravya.

"But, what is the problem with that? He likes it, right? And he doesn't also have diabetes," said Sakshi.

"But, it was made by my chinna Vadina (younger sister-in-law). You guys only said, right? You don't want to eat anything served by her. So, I stopped her. I don't want you guys to blame her after eating that," Sravya said, looking at them innocently, but her eyes held different emotions.

"Sravya!" Jhansi (Sravya's mother) said sternly.

"What, Amma, did I say anything wrong?" Sravya said controlling her anger.

"Sravya and Chinnamma (pinni/masi/aunt), please stop it. And you three also sit and eat silently. We can serve ourselves," Avi said sternly.

Arpita, Maya, and Sravya also sat with them to have lunch after serving everyone. No one spoke a word. After lunch, everyone settled down in the living room when Rishi got a call. He excused himself and went to the lawn to attend the call.

He stormed in after answering the phone and yelled Maya's name. Listening to his shout, Maya stood up. Rishi stood in front of Maya and was about to slap her, but a hand (obviously our Avi's) stopped him.

"I didn't give anyone the right to their raise hands on my wife. Be it an outsider, my family, or her own parents," Avi said sternly, and his eyes were spitting fire.

"Avinav, lower your voice. Don't forget that he is older than you," Shekar scolded his son.

"Then tell him to behave like an elder one," Avi said, rolling his eyes.

"Do you know what she has done? Rishi asked Avi.

"What did she do, Mavayya?" Avi asked Rishi.

"She made Rajesh lose his jobs and also put a black mark on his professional career. He won't get a job anywhere now," said Rishi.

"She didn't do that. I did it. And why are you so concerned about them all of a sudden?" He said, angrily.

"But why? What did they do?" asked Sakshi.

"Are you seriously asking this stupid question, atta? Don't you know what they have done?" Avi said sarcastically.

"They did nothing, Avi. If you have to blame someone, it's your wife, and if you have to punish someone, then it's your wife," Sakshi said, raising her voice.