Chapter 3- The Truth?

Harry POV

I walked slowly into my house and throw myself on the couch. I was in extreme pain. It's like this everyday but when it constantly happens without telling anyone it gets worse.

I grabbed my book bag and take out my books. I finished all my homework at lunch or during free period but I still manage to study.

I try to get comfortable in the couch but fail because of the pain I'm in. So I placed a pillow behind my back an propped myself up. I was in so much pain that I decided not to study. I drop my books on the floor and lay down completely.

As soon as my head hits the pillow I'm out like a light.

~

"Harry? Baby wake up." I hear a light toned voice and someone shaking me slightly. I gazed up and see my mum staring at me.

I rubbed my eyes and smile,"Hey mum."

She caresses my curls and looks at me with concerned eyes."Harry...what happened to your face?"

I cleared my throat and hesitated.

"Um..in gym today we were playing volleyball...and I got hit in my face."

"Harry you know you can tell me anything. I'm your mother and I need you to tell me any problems you are having."

"I'm fine mum. It's just a bruise, it can heel."

"But, Harry..." She chokes out.

"Mum I'm ok, nothing's going on."I said.

She sighs and stand up."Ok, but you can always tell me if there's something wrong."

"Ok."

"I'm going to need you to clean yourself up a bit."

"Why?"

"Do you remember my new co-worker I was talking about this morning?"

I nodded and she continued,"Well it seems that she moved into the new house around the block and she invited us over for dinner. So do you want to go?"

"Sure. I'll go." I said as I sat up slowly.

"Excellent. Now go wash up we'll be leaving in an hour."

"Alright I'll be done by then."

She smiles and takes off her coat."Ok,"

~

Louis POV

"Liam, help me move this box into my closet!"

"Why are you putting it in your closet? You haven't even tried to unpack it!" Liam said standing in the middle of my bedroom.

"Because! I don't feel like unpacking anymore and I'm getting tired, plus mum invited one of her co-workers over for dinner and I don't have time to unpack."

"Oh. Well in that case I guess I could help." He said cheerfully.

"Why are you so helpful? Aren't you a bad boy?" I asked confused if why he acted so different from Zayn and his friends.

He hesitated and stares at the ground like it's interesting,"Um...hello! Earth to Liam!" I said snapping my fingers trying to get his attention.

His eyes widen and he stares at me,"Oh yeah, sorry about that! So are you going join the football team?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and give him a are you serious right now face,"We've been over this, I'm trying out! Now why don't you act like the rest of them? Your different."

He sits on my bed and sighs,"I don't like talking about it. The only person I ever told was my ex girlfriend."

I walked over and sat next to him."You can tell me."

"Fine. It all started in my freshman year. I was quite a nerd, geek,..I don't know...but whatever I was all I knew was that I wasn't very popular. I just moved here and that meant a new school and new friends. To be quite honest with you I never actually had lots of friends. I had about 1 or 2 but what did it matter, all we did was talk about comic books all day. I still keep in touch with them but I will never have friends like them..." Liam trailed off and I gave him a assuring smile.

"Go on."

"On my second day of school I met a curly haired boy who was sitting at the table alone. So that day I made a new friend and we did everything together. As always there were going to be people who will think negative of you. Me and Harry got bullied almost everyday in school. Sometimes he would just call us names but when he was really mad he would just set off. So one day when I was in gym class we played football and I was really good. So Zayn made a deal with me if I decided to be on the team he would never bully me again. I kept the deal and I stayed friends with Zayn ever since. But he still does it to Harry and the lad won't even talk to me anymore. So every time Zayn's mad he takes it out on Harry and I just stand back and watch the poor boy get beat to death and I regret every moment I was not there to help him."

We sit in silence for a moment and I finally speak,"That's terrible Liam. I never knew you and Harry went through all of this trouble! No wonder the boy is so sad."

"Yeah he sits by himself at lunch everyday then before he goes home he gets beat...Damn Louis I should have been there to help! No one should have to go through that!" He stops and tears stream down his face.

I pulled him into a hug and comfort him,"It's ok. I'm sure you will fix this!"

"I can't...it's so hard. You try not to listen to the things people say about you but I just can't deal with that anymore." He sobbed out.

"I know it's hard, but what about we take it one step at a time. Tomorrow try to at least talk to Harry." I said as I stood up to put the large box in my closet.

"I don't know I can't make any promises."

"Well at least try ok?"I asked him.

"Fine."

"Well then let's watch some tv then." I said jumping on my bed and kicking my feet up.

"Don't you have to finish unpacking?"

I shrugged my shoulders and turned on the TV,"Yeah."

"Your Mum is gonna be pissed!"

"I know..and I don't care. I'll just do it tomorrow."

Liam just smiled and sat down on my bed. "I'm surprised that you're not a bad boy!"

"Please, I would never be one of them. I'm way nicer anyways, plus consider my self..umm..let's just say I'm sassy."

He looks at me a nodded,"Ok then."

___________________________