Chapter 02

Casey POV

Casey POV

I was running so fast; I didn't want to be late again! Gosh! It is Dennise's fault! I already told her to come to the café on time but did she listen?

I really can't with that girl! If only I were fearless, just like Kayla and Dennise! I will surely hurt that Dennise, but I'm not! I'm not like that! Never!

My parents didn't raise me to be that way. My focus is on my goal, to be the best hotelier in the country. It's my only goal, and I plan to fulfill it not just for me but most especially for my mom.

I can still remember how she will always tell me stories about her hotelier journey. She said that her boss consistently commends her for how good she is at her job. She worked so hard that right before I came into her life, she was about to be promoted as manager, but when I came into my parent's life, she had to give up that opportunity and stay at home to take care of me.

I didn't understand at that time why did she had to leave her job. Does the hotel where she works prohibit her from having her child. By the way, she talks about her journey as a hotelier; I can see how much she loves that job. I can even sense that it is her whole life. I was sad for her because she had to leave her career for me, but she answered all those worries when she noticed that I was making a tragic reaction about her career that stopped because of me, she said to me.

"Oh, no! Don't be sad for me, Casey! Don't ever think that you made me choose between you and my job because for me? Having you in my life, choosing you instead of a job is the best decision I have ever made in my whole life. Before you came into mommy and daddy's life, our life was simple. We wake up in the morning; we go to work, do our job and then at night, we go back home and sleep again. Our life has become a routine. Everything is the same. We are so busy dealing with the jobs that we forget about more important things. We even forget about each other, and it's okay for the both of us because we know we are just doing our jobs. We didn't realize that there are more things in life that we forget to think about. You coming into our life is like a ray of sunshine. We didn't know that for the whole five years of marriage, we were like living in the dark until you came. You gave us joy! You make our life more adventurous! You make us feel everything that we forget to feel. You made me want to do more! You inspire us, baby! Your dad and I will never regret choosing you despite everything because you have become our everything, baby! We want to apologize to you. We know how strict we become that we aren't allowing you to go outside and mingle with other people. I cannot tell you everything for now because I know you wouldn't understand everything, or if you do, I'm afraid you will hate us because of it. I just love you so much, baby! Your dad and I love you so much. Please always remember that everything that we are doing it for you. It will always be for you, baby! I promise you. When it is finally the right time, your dad and I will explain and tell you everything! Every reason on why we are doing what we are doing. For now, please remember that we just love you so much. Everything is for your good, baby."