Chapter 15

Casey POV

"I want you to come with me again for our date!" Skyler smiling said to me.

Here I am, seated at his car, not talking to him! Good luck with this date of yours, if you're going to enjoy this, especially now that I'm not talking to you!

I can't believe he did this! I was looking at the window of this car. I'm currently seated beside the driver's side.

"Casey, please forgive me! I did that because I don't have a choice, remember?" I heard him speak beside me, but I remained just to ignore him.

I felt him suddenly trying to hold my hand, but I removed my hands out of his reach. I will not back down in this. He needs to know that what he did isn't right! He can't barge in my workplace to do what he wants and expect me just to let him.

He needs to know that he can't just do everything he wants, and I will just let him! My patience has limitations too!

I was looking at the window, watching the outside scenery while he was still driving when suddenly, he carefully drives the car on the side of the road, and there he parks it.

"Please, Casey! Look at me! Please!" He said to me, but I'm not bulging! I tried my best to ignore him when I felt his next move.

He snakes his hand into my nape and forces me to look at him.

"What the!" I was about to curse him when I saw how he looked like now.

He seems genuinely sad about what is happening. His eyes are teary as well. Is he really sad that I'm not talking to him?

"Please, Casey! Please don't be this way to me! I'm hurting every single millisecond that you are giving me this cold shoulder. Please forgive me! I didn't want to barge and disturb your job, but I'm just desperate. I don't know how to ask you to be with me when I know you will reject me. Please don't be this way to me. I did this not just because I want to be with you but because I want to see you happy." He said to me.

"Happy? But how can this make me happy if you are making me miss my shift in my work? You should know by now how important my work is to me!" I said to him.

"I know, but for the weeks that I'm with you, I only see you work so hard that I rarely see you enjoy yourself anymore. You are always focused on your studies and your job. I never see you rest. Even if you're on your break, you are still studying. The only time that I saw you rest was when I asked you on a date. As your suitor, do you know how much it hurts me to see exhaust yourself like that? I badly want to help you, but you're not letting me. Therefore, I thought of this. Maybe if I do this, you can finally be happy, even just for a short while. Do you know how much it took for me to convince my sister to do your shift for you? I didn't ask anyone else because I know you wouldn't want to disturb other people."

"I didn't ask you to do that!" I said to him without looking at him. I was looking down, but then again, he held my face to make me look at him.

"Yes, you didn't! I did this because I wanted to! I want to make you happy! I want to see you smile, Casey! Don't think of this as my way of impressing you. I'm doing this for you! I want you to enjoy yourself and don't worry about other things. About your work, I'm sure my sister can handle that. She is used to working in the kitchen. As a matter of fact, she loves it. So, please don't think that you are disturbing anyone because you are not Casey! Please forget everything and just this once. Please let yourself enjoy! Please! Not for me, but mostly, for you! Can you do that for yourself? Please?" Skyler said to me. He seems sincere about what he is asking.