Chapter 55

Author POV

Author POV

Skyler is currently dropping Casey off in his dorm room. Since they left Skyler's study room, no one had been speaking between them. These two previously sweet couple are now filled with awkwardness and uncertainties.

"Casey, are you okay here? I will go now; I will meet with Derrek to talk about our game plan tomorrow." Skyler said, which made Casey feel more hurt about what was currently happening between them.

This is not the usual Skyler. Usually, Casey would have difficulty making Skyler leave him alone, as his boyfriend wanted to be with him. He doesn't have a duty in the café yet, as his boss is doing some renovation in the café, so he was recommended to just return on Monday. It's only Friday, so he still has two days' rest. Casey was looking forward to spending it with Skyler. He wants to be with him so that he can ease this pain in his heart after knowing that he doesn't have the highest rank on the dean list anymore.

"Uhm, yeah! I'm good here? Are you going home after you talk to derreck?" Casey asked him, trying so hard not to cry even though, in reality, his heart wanted to explode.

"Ahh, not yet, because I must go somewhere else!" Skyler never did this. He never chooses anyone else instead of Casey. If he needs to go somewhere else, he will surely bring Casey so that they can still be together.

"Ahh, okay? May I know why?" Casey asked him, but he was shocked hearing what Skyler answered him.

"Do you really have to know everything that is happening to me? Can't I do something without letting you know? I still have my mind to make a decision, you know!" Skyler snapped at him, which shocked at the same time hurt Casey. His boyfriend never talks to him like this. Never!

Casey instantly turned around without uttering another word to Skyler. He started to run inside his dorm room. Realizing what he has done, Skyler immediately stops Casey from closing the door. He held Casey in his arms and then spoke.

"I'm sorry, Casey! I didn't mean to say those things to you! I'm just..." Skyler can't seem to finish his words to Casey.

Casey saw how hesitant and confused Skyler was, and it instantly lessened the hurt that he was feeling. He hurriedly went near Skyler and stood in front of him. He held him on his arm.

"Why, Babe? Is there something going on with you? You know, you can tell me anything, right?" Casey told his boyfriend, trying so hard to feel okay. He thought that maybe Skyler needed him more than he needed Skyler right now.

Skyler looked at him for a while like he wanted to say something, but after a few seconds, he looked away. He let go of Casey's arms.

"Uhh, It's nothing! Maybe I'm just tired of everything that is happening! You know, a lot is going on. End of the semester, I was appointed as the new basketball captain of our college. So many things are going on that sometimes I'm starting to feel tired."