Chapter 22

A/N

You might find this scene familiar, it's from the prologue, but I change it a little to fit the flow of the previous chapters. I hope you don't get confused.

Casey POV

"What the hell! Lyka! I thought you needed help! What are we doing here?" I asked her. We are currently here at the Basketball court of the University. It seems like there is a match going on between our basketball team and another school.

"I do! I really need your help!" I confused looked at her; then I started looking all over the place; I couldn't help but notice that Skyler was there just sitting by the bench, looking so lost.

Why is he not playing? I thought he was the key player on the team! Why is he looking like that? He is not the same Skyler that I saw before. What happened?

"What kind of help it is that you need to bring me here?" I asked her

"You see that player number 17?" She pointed someone in the court. I looked.

"Yes! I see him! Who is he?" I asked her.

"He is my brother? He's been complaining to me about this game. He was afraid they would lose because Skyler is not behaving himself lately. He's been out of practice, and now he is not playing at all. He told me how important this game is for him. His scholarship depends on the result of this game, so they have to win." Lyka sounded so worried for his brother said to me

"So, what does it got to do with me?" I asked her. I don't understand how I can help her. Lyka looks at me with her puppy sparkling eyes!

OMG! I know that look! It is always something unbelievable when she does this!

"What is it now, Lyka! Don't ever think that using those eyes will make me say yes to whatever it is that you want to ask!" I said to her

"It's about Skyler!" She said to me. She even holds my arms and swings them like a child.

"What about him?"

"You know why he is acting like that, right?"

"Acting like what?"

"Friend! Don't be so in denial! He's like that because of you! Because you rejected him! My brother said that Skyler was so happy and inspired these past few weeks, but then again, this past three days, he changed! He became so unfocused and uninterested in everything! Please help me change him! Talk to him again and say that you will give him a chance again!" What the hell! How can this girl ask me this?

"How sure are you that I'm the reason why he is like that?" I asked her

"See for yourself, Casey! That is the look of someone heartbroken! Please do this for me, once! You know I never asked you for anything big, right? I know I may be too much, especially since I'm still rooting for Mateo, but please talk to him! You don't need to agree to make you his boyfriend, just please, Casey! Talk to him and give him a chance again! Please!" Lyka kept on begging me! What should I do!

"But...." She didn't let me finish my words

"Please, Casey! Please! Just for my brother and me! Please talk to him na!!" Lyka repeatedly asked me.

What should I do!!

~~~

Here I am at the back of the bench, locker room, waiting for Lyka to call on Skyler! Gosh! I can't believe I let her talk me into doing this.

After a few minutes, I saw her with Skyler, who looked like he didn't care about anything walking to me. When they arrive in front of me...

"Okay! I will leave you two here now! Please talk ahh! Please talk and help me fix him." Lyka said. She mouthed the help me fix him part. I just rolled my eyes at her.