Chapter 78

A month after...

Skyler POV

It's been ever since I punished two people who threaten Casey and our babies, Dennise and Luke are both in jail now. We are still waiting for their trial schedule, but our Attorney told us that it's a slum dunk case. With all the evidence, witness, and confessions, our Attorney is sure that we will win the case. I told my parents about this, and as expected, they were outraged by what those two did to Casey. My dad ordered our family lawyer to do her best to punish those two.

I told all of this to Casey. I told him that finally, he doesn't have anything to be worried about because all of the people that want to hurt him and our babies are now gone. Casey is happy about it, but also sad because he is sure that Dennise parents are devastated knowing that their daughter is going to be in jail because of what she did to him. He cares about them, but I assure him that this is the right thing to do because this is not only about him. It's also about giving justice to all the people that Dennise hurt in the past. She caused someone to die, so I think this punishment is just rightfully hers.

I thought after I made sure that Casey is safe, he can finally be free from worries and be genuinely happy. I'm not sure if this is just my imagination that my Casey is not okay! Yes, he is smiling outside, but from time to time, I would find him looking from afar like he is in deep thought. The other night, I find him crying in the middle of the night but when I will ask him about what he is crying he will just tell me that he is okay and that he just had a nightmare.

I know Casey! He will never cry about something that is not important. The only time I saw him cry is when I hurt him. When it was about our babies, my family, and his family! After everything that happened in this past month, I'm sure now that is not about me or our children! It's about his parents! I know, even though Casey told me that he doesn't care about what Megan had told him. I know deep inside he cares, and he is thinking about it. What worries me is he is shutting me up about it. I don't know how to help him because he isn't letting me. I want to help him because I'm not just his boyfriend now, I'm his partner and he is mine.

But what should I do? How should I help him with something that I couldn't control?

"Son? Are you okay? You seemed too stressed about something" I'm currently here at the gazebo when I heard my mom suddenly speak beside me.

"Mom! You're here!" I stand up from my seat and go to him.

"Hi, Son! Where is Casey?" I kissed him on his cheeks and we both go to my seat earlier and seat together.

"Ah, He's inside mom, sleeping! Do you know how pregnant people always sleep whenever they have a moment? Later I will go there and give him his meals and vitamins." My mom smiled then I look away. I felt him put his hands on my shoulder. I look at him again.

"What's the matter, son? You seem problematic! Everything is fine with Casey now! All of the people that hurt him are now in jail so why the sour and worried face?" I sigh deeply before answering him. I guess I needed my mom's helps on this. He is also a mother like Casey, like him, my mom lost his present too. I think my mom will know what to do.

"Mom, can I ask for your help?" My mom looks at me seriously.

"Yes, son! Of course! Anything! You know Your dad and I are always here to help you with anything! Anything!" I held my mom's hands and started to tell him everything that I'm observing with Casey.

"Are you sure? Maybe Casey is just being emotional because of his pregnancy. I'm like that too when I was pregnant with your youngest sibling, Ethan! I'm always crying even about the things that are so lame and unreasonable already. Thankfully, your dad is so patient with me." My mom said after I told him what is happening to Casey.