Chapter 05

Skyler POV

"Oh my God! His back!"

"Yes! He's back! Omg! I'm going to die!"

"He still looks so gorgeous! Gosh!"

"How I wish I could have a chance to be his girlfriend! God! I want him!"

"Dream on, girl! It's as if he will notice you! Do you know how rich he is! His family practically owns this University, and his level is so high that even me, a daughter of a businessman, cannot dream of having him!"

"So true! Do you know except for owning this place! His family hotel empire is so well known in the whole world that you have to reserve for months to have a chance to check in to one of his hotels!"

"Yes, I know! Even my family is on the waiting list!"

"Do you know what kind of a woman Skyler likes?"

"I don't know. How about Mateo? If we can't connect with Skyler, do you think we can have Mateo? They are both handsome! Gosh! Their family is so blessed! With money, with fame, and even their features! Gosh! How I wish I could have either one of them!"

These are some of the conversations I've heard about me in my background. Mateo and I are currently going to the Covered Court of this University to visit my teammates, and it's been a while since they heard from me. My brother Mateo is with me. Why? I don't know! He just said that he wants to go with me. I bet he just really missed me. That is why he is like this.

Back to those girls, God! They are so pathetic! It is the very reason why I don't believe in finding my one. What did mommy call it again?

The one!

As if I can find that one in any of these girls around me. Look at how they see me. They only see me as someone who has influence and god-given looks! Like hell, who would want to spend his whole life with those kinds of narrow thinking people? I don't know if there is someone in this world who would be my one. Mom said I shouldn't speak like it's already the end because he is like that too before but look at him now with my dad.

But for me, finding someone like how my mom and dad see each other is such a rarity in this world. It's hard to find someone who will love me for who I am and not what I can give them. Many people said they like me; I know they just like me because I'm a Kirigun! I came from a wealthy and powerful clan, so many people want to connect with them. I'm just the Skyler Jaden Traipipattanapung Kirigun, son of the power couple Gulf Maxwell Traipipatanapung Kirigun. Owner of one of the most prominent Accounting firms in Thailand. Wife of the Owner/ CEO of the biggest and most successful hotel all over Thailand, even around the world, Mew Eziekiel Phawattakun Kirigun.

F*ck those people! I don't need them in my life. I prefer to be alone instead of being with those double face people.

"Skyler! What are you thinking? You seem to be in deep thoughts again." my brother asked me suddenly, pulling me from my angry thoughts.

Thankfully! I don't want to snap again, just like what happened last time.

"Nothing, Mat! I just. I just." I can't seem to finish my words! F*ck! Why can't I end my words! Mateo stops walking and stands in front of me.

"You just?" He asked me again, I badly want to tell my brother how I feel right now, but at the same time, I can't! I don't want to worry them, just like what happened before. They are so devastated upon seeing me in that situation back. I don't want it to be awkward and walk like I'm on eggshells again. I don't want to linger at me 24/7 because they are afraid that I'm might do anything. After all, I have hurt again.