Chapter 45

Author POV

Author POV

Skyler is now pacing back in forth outside the emergency room. He hasn't heard any update about Casey yet. He arrived at the hospital 30 minutes ago only, but for him, it felt like a lifetime!

"Jerah! What really happened to Casey! Why was he here? When I left him in his class, he was okay! What happened?" Skyler nervously asked Jerah. She is currently sitting on one of the chairs outside the emergency room. She looks up at him, tears flowing from her eyes because of so much worry she is feeling for her friend.

"He was sick, Skyler!" She said to him. Skyler seemed shocked to hear it.

"What? But he said he was feeling okay already! He lied?" Skyler angrily yelled. Jerah instantly stands from her seat to go near Skyler to calm him down.

"Don't be angry, Skyler! It won't do anything good for the both of you! Yes, he didn't tell you because he doesn't want to worry you! You know Casey, he doesn't want to burden anybody. He will always say that he can take it, that he can do it on his own. He is sick, but he will always say that he is not! You know him! Earlier, after you left him in our class, 30 minutes after, he felt dizzy, and his fever spiked, that is why our professor decided for him to just go to the Clinic. He stayed there for the whole subject period, but it's time for our next class, he decided to ask me to accompany him already. I left my meeting to join him even though I wasn't supposed to go to that class because of my meeting. We were on the way when he remembered the deadline for our document in Psychology. He went out of the clinic and decided to go to our professor instead. He was okay. I'm helping him walk, and we were talking at first, then the next thing I know, he is already falling from my arms." Jerah nervously said to Skyler.

"Fuck! I should have been there! I shouldn't have left him! I should have..." Jerah didn't let Skyler finish his words.

"Don't speak like that! Casey wouldn't want you blaming yourself like this. He would blame himself if he heard that you are doing this to yourself! Let's just wish that everything is okay for Casey! My friend is strong! He is the strongest person I know; he will get through this! He has to!" Jerah said, trying to calm Skyler. The man just remained frantic. After a few seconds, A doctor and two nurses came out of the Emergency room.

"Hello, whose here is related to Mr. Chaichana!" The doctor asked. Skyler instantly walks in front of him.

"Me, doc! I'm Skyler Kirigun. I'm the boyfriend of Casey Chaichana! How is he? Can I see him?" Skyler worriedly asked.

"Please say he is okay! Please say that my baby is okay! Please! I swear to god! Please say he is okay!" Skyler kept chanting these words in his head right now, he was hoping that Casey would be okay, but all of his hope was crushed after the doctor gave them a sour look on his face. Fear started to take over Skyler's body.

"I'm so sorry, Mr. Kirigun! But I'm afraid the patient is suffering from Dengue. His rashes are starting to be seen all over his body. He didn't think about having dengue because he hasn't seen the rash on his body, but I'm pretty sure that he already felt most of the symptoms like his fever, nausea, and vomiting. He even experiences nose bleeds already, which means his case is severe already." The doctor said. Skyler seemed shocked about the nosebleed part. He looked at Jerah, who just gave him an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry, Skyler! Casey didn't want you to know!" Jerah said. Skyler tries his best not to snap at her, he knows it's not her fault, and this is not the right time for him to be angry at anyone. Casey needs him. Skyler looks at the doctor again.

"What do we need to do now, doc! Please save my Casey! I can't lose him! I can't! I will do everything! Please do everything! I don't care how much it takes, do everything you need to do for my baby!" Skyler worriedly said to the doctor.

"Yes, sir! We will do everything! For now, we will transfer Mr. Chaichana into a room; also, he will need a blood transfusion. We are afraid his body will be in a state of shock if he continues to be in this condition." The doctor said

"Do whatever it takes, doc! Just please save him!" Skyler said. Jerah can only nod at the doctor.

"But we, sir, we do have one problem!" The doctor said, which made Skyler feel more afraid.

"What is it, doc!" Skyler nervously asked him.

"We have been experiencing a surge of dengue cases this past few weeks. Our blood bank is losing its supply in a short period, so I checked Mr. Chaichana's s blood type, which added to our problem. His blood type is B- the 3rd rarest blood type in the world. Currently, our hospital doesn't have that blood, I already ask my nurses to call the nearest hospital, but they don't have it too!" The doctor sadly said to Skyler, which made Skyler be in panic mode.

"What? Then what should we do! We can't let Casey die because of this!" Skyler can't help but raise his voice already! He started to walk all over the place.

"Skyler! Please calm down! Think about Casey! Panicking won't help us now!" Jerah said she is trying to have a level head even though right now, she is so worried for her friend too.

"So, what should we do? How can we find that blood for my friend?" Jerah asked the doctor.

"Does the patient have siblings or parents? We can ask them to donate blood." The doctor said. Skyler walks back in front of the doctor.

"My boyfriend doesn't have his parents anymore. He is also a single child! I don't know any of his relatives or if he still has one!" Skyler said. The doctor sighed before speaking again.

"If that's the case, I think you to ask the help from everyone you know if they can donate blood. We can't wait any longer! Mr. Chaichana is deteriorating every minute that he doesn't receive blood. I'm afraid he will..." Skyler didn't let the doctor finish, because of his fear, he became angry at the doctor for saying this word. He hurriedly grabs the doctor's coat and angrily shouts at him.

"Skyler! What are you doing! Stop that!" Jerah tried to pull him away, but Skyler wasn't bulging.

"Don't ever say that about my boyfriend! You are a doctor! Fucking do your job to save my Casey! Save him! you must save him! Next time I ever hear you say that! I will hurt you!" Skyler furiously said, then he let go of the doctor.

"I'm sorry, Sir! I didn't mean to offend you! I just need you to know the fact about the patient's condition. We all want him to get better! We assure you that we are doing our best for our patients." The doctor said while fixing his clothes. Jerah went near him.

"I'm so sorry about his behavior, doc! He didn't mean it! He was just afraid for my friend!" Jerah said.

"It's okay, I can understand. As per Mr. Chaichana's blood type is, B-, we need your help finding it as soon as possible!" The doctor said.

"Okay! We will look for it as soon as possible! Please inform us if there is blood available in the blood bank! Thank you!" Jerah said. The doctor nodded at her then he walked back inside the emergency room.

"What should we do, Jerah! What should I do! I can't lose him! We are just starting! He can't die! He can't! I'm going to die too!" Skyler, worried, said to Jerah, Casey's friend, to walk in front of him to calm him down.

"Shhhh! Don't say that! Casey will not die! He won't! It is just dengue! He can get past this! It's Casey that we are talking about here! We just need to do our best to help him! It's our job now to help find him blood! We can do it!" Jerah said.

"Yes! Yes! We can do it! I will not let anything happen to Casey! I will search the whole world just to find that blood! I will do everything to save him! I promise you that!" Skyler seriously said. Jerah just nodded at him.

"I will not let anything bad happen to you, baby! I will do everything for you to be okay! I will make sure for you to be okay! I will do everything! everything!" Skyler firmly said to himself as he brought out his phone from his pocket to call everyone that could help him. His family, his friend, and everyone he knows

To be continued

WAANJAIMJORA