Chapter 42

Casey POV

Casey POV

"Uhm, babe! Can I talk to you about something?" I asked him. He instantly stops what he is doing and faces me.

"Of course, babe! Anything! What is it?" He asked me.

"It's about your brother!" I shyly said, and instantly, his facial expression changed and became serious. He sat up from my lap and sat beside me. He looked away from me.

"Can we not talk about this, baby? I don't want to ruin our Monthsary!" He said.

"Please, babe! I need to clarify what happened yesterday! I can't let this day slide without letting you know what happened earlier and what happened in the past. I wanted to clear everything to face the future without heavy feelings. Even if you said you could accept everything, I know it still bothers you. Please, babe! For me?" I asked him. He looked at me for a while like he was thinking so hard. He sighs deeply before nodding his head to me. I can't help but smile after seeing him finally ready to listen to me.

"First of all, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you about my feeling for your brother in the past! I admit, babe! I like him! I even thought I was in love with him." His facial extension change and become sour. He was about to say something, but I stopped him by holding his hand.

"But I'm telling you now, babe, what I felt for your brother before is very different from what I'm feeling to you right now. I love you! Only you! I think what I felt for your brother is just a crush or infatuation. Your brother and I have been friends ever since I got admitted to the University. He is one of those people who help me get through my first year at the University. We've become friends just like I was with Jerah and Lyka. He is always there for me when I need help. Even if I don't ask him, he is always there. Eventually, I started to feel something about him." I saw Skyler's face become sour again like he was trying his best not to get angry. I held his hands tighter.

"But babe! I never had the intention to let him know what I felt. It never went through the point where I couldn't survive my day without seeing him. Unlike you, I don't want to admit it, but when you and I are away from each other because of my choice, I feel like I'm suffocating every day! I feel so confused and out of focus which never happens with Mateo and me. I'm telling you, babe! What I feel for Mateo will never match with how I feel for you! As a matter of fact, I got over him when you came into my life! My feelings for you made me change everything."

"Are you sure?" He asked as he looked at me like he really wanted me to say yes to him. I smiled at him before answering his questions.

"Yes, babe! I'm sure! What you saw earlier is when Mateo accidentally read my diary, which contains those entries that I talk about how I feel for him." He seemed shocked about it.