Chapter 20

Casey POV

It's been three days since that incident in the café happened between Skyler and I. Part of me feels guilty about the words that I said to Skyler, but part of me thinks that I did the right thing. I just said what I needed to say at that time, and I shouldn't feel guilty about it. Skyler should know that what he is doing is not just for me but mostly for him.

He keeps on doing what he is doing just to feed his needs to feel that he is protecting me, which is wrong because I don't need him to protect me. I can defend myself on my own. He always sorts in violence and unnecessary things to fulfill whatever it is that he wants to do. In this time of my life, I can't afford to be unpredictable and do things without thinking about the result. I can never be impulsive in terms of my decision in life.

If he can't do that, I don't think he and I can be together anymore! I think he can't because he is not used to it. I don't need him in life. I don't need someone who will just disturb my life! I'm busy enough already!

But...

But why do I feel hurt whenever I remember the looks on his face that day. The ways he begs me not to stay away from him still lingers here in my heart. His eyes, his teary eyes. Gosh! Why do I feel this bad whenever I imagine his eyes?

What's wrong with me. I know I shouldn't feel this way. Instead, I should feel relieved because finally, I get to stay away from him. I get to tell him to leave me alone. He is finally gone.

Yes! I think he is gone from my life already. I haven't seen him for the last three days after that incident. No social media messages, no sudden calls, no more him asking me if I already ate. No more him trying to get my attention. No more Skyler, who keeps telling me how much he loves me. He is finally gone. He just stopped pursuing me. I don't know if he gave up already; maybe yes, if not then, where is he?

I should be relieved, right?

I should be happy, right?

But why?

Why do I feel that I'm not! What the hell is wrong with me!!

~~~

I'm currently on the way to the library. Mateo and I are scheduled to have a tutorial session 30 minutes from now. It's been days since I last saw Mateo. We're both busy with everything we need to do for our classes. Our on-the-job training period is near approaching so we need to finish every last prerequisite activity for that.

Speaking of Mateo, I don't know, but ever since that Skyler started to push himself to me, I'm not thinking of him much anymore. I still feel something for him, but it's very different now. I have already told this to my two friends, Jerah and Lyka. They told me, maybe my feelings for Mateo are not deep, yet that is when Skyler came into the picture. My strong feelings for him subside. Those two are weird. They can easily change their bets regarding to whom I should let myself falls in love with, especially Jerah. Lyka seems to be still rooting for Mateo because she likes his personality. It is what those two said to me yesterday when we talked about this.

Flashback

I'm currently having our break time with my friends, Jerah and Lyka. Skyler isn't with me, which didn't escape the attention of these two.

"Casey, Is Skyler not going to meet you again today? It's been two days now that we are not seeing even the shadows of that suitor of yours." Jerah said while eating her favorite Vanilla Ice Cream

"He is not my suitor!" I told without looking at them.

"What? And who is he for you then?" Lyka asked me loudly, which made me almost choke my drink. She also caught the attention of some people who are eating too in this cafeteria