Chapter 27

Casey POV

One week before Skyler next game

Skyler and I are currently on the way to the HRM Building's Presentation Room. I was scheduled to have my presentation about my prospective Thesis topic to the selected panels of our course. I'm currently holding my bag while Skyler is holding all my other things. My laptop bag contains my laptop: my presentation documents and other things.

"Are you sure you are okay to accompany me in my presentation? I can do it alone besides Jerah, and Lyka is also there to support me!" I said to him while we were walking.

"It's okay, Casey! I told you, I'm okay to accompany you today! I wanted you to know that whatever happens, you don't need to feel afraid because I will be there to watch and show you my support. What if you get a mental block? That is when I come in. I will raise these placards about the keywords of your presentation that I prepared to make you remember, in case you forget about it." He smilingly said to me

Yes! He tried to do these kinds of things to support me. I was shocked when he showed this to me earlier. He really did make an effort and creating all of this! He said that he tried to know and study my presentation. He even asked his twin's help for this. He is really something!

"I know, but don't you have a practice today? I'm sure you and your team are busy practicing for your match next week, right? I saw your phone earlier. Derrek has already called you many times, but you didn't answer your phone. I don't want to be a burden to you! Please just go to..." He didn't let me finish. He suddenly stopped walking and stood in front of me.

"Casey, please don't ever think of yourself as a burden to me because you are never like that for me. I always told you that you are the most important person in my life, and I can ditch anything just for you! You are not forcing me to do this because I want this! I wanted to be with you and support you in every endeavor you face. I wanted to be the first one to congratulate you for your every success. I want this, Casey! I'm happy to do everything! So please just let me do this! Please?" He seriously said to me.

I guess I have no choice but to let him do this. It seems that I can't change his mind.

"Okay! If you say so, please, if you are needed somewhere else, please go, okay? Promise I will be okay! I can handle this!" I smilingly said to him. He smiled back then he held my left cheek and caressed it warmly

"Of course, you can handle it! You are my Casey! My perfect and beautiful Casey! You can handle anything! As in anything!" He smilingly said to me.

Lub dub lub dub lub dub lub dub (Insert fast heartbeat sound)

Oh, my f*cking heart! Here we go again!

~~~

Author POV

Casey was in the middle of his presentation when he started to feel the sudden rage of panic and nervousness all over his body.

He thought that he had overcome this already but being a child who was raised to stay at home for almost most of his life made him a little anxious in front of many people just like this one.

He started to feel that his heart rate became rapid, his hands became sweaty! His body began to shiver in fear.

"You can do this, Casey! You have prepared so much for this! You overcame this fear of yours a long time ago already! You can do this! You must do this! Your future depends on this." Casey repeatedly chants in his head, but his body seems to act independently.

"What about your target market? Do you think it is feasible to do those kinds of things in our current market? Remember, most people in our society don't look about the quality of the hotels anymore, but more at the prices range? Do you think they can afford to be on those hotels that had so many adjustments like that, especially when it comes to adjustment, the price range for those hotels will have to raise too?"