Chapter 32

Casey POV

Until now, I still feel overwhelmed that I have my boyfriend already. Every day feels so new to me! Yes! Skyler had been pursuing me for how many weeks before I said yes to him. He's been so sweet and dedicated to me, but after I agreed to become his boyfriend, the sweetness, dedication, caring, and of course, possessiveness level up on so many levels. 

I don't know if this is normal, but I'm still getting the hand of the idea of me having him as my boyfriend. Also that I don't own my time now. That I cannot just think for myself, but I need to involve him in my decisions too, just like how he will always think of me first before everything else.

For example, if we arrange our schedule for the café in the coming weeks, I cannot take long hours just like before. After all, I must have time with Skyler, too, even though he always says that he can adjust by just staying with me even though I just am talking to him and not fully being with him. He said that he was okay, watching me while I was working. I don't want to be unfair to him. I know I need to make some adjustments for our relationship to work.

I want it to work, especially since this is my first time. I want it to be my last. Hopefully, he is my present and already my future.

One more thing that I need to adjust, ever since we became boyfriends, is the stares of those who see us together. Some people accept us like my friends and his friends. Some people seem to don't care about us. But aside from those people, many people think that our relationship is just a spar of the moment. Like I'm just one of Skyler's fling, flavor the month, challenge, or anything that they can think to characterize, who I am in Skyler's life.

"Do you really think Skyler loves him? He is a man, for god's sake! I never thought our Skyler would ever try a man! I still remember how good he is in, you know when I became his fling last year."

"Yeah, I know! You've been telling me that ever since it happened."

"Why wouldn't I? I consider that time as the best days of my life. I know I'm not the only one at that time, but like I care! It's already a privilege to be able to be with someone like him!"

"I know! I don't know what he saw with that guy, and I heard they've been together for two weeks now! God! I thought he was just a fling like me. Do you really think Skyler loves him? I hope not! Skyler's DNA is such a waste with him!"

"Correct! Someone like Skyler should be with people like a daughter of one of the biggest companies in the country, or it can be a daughter of a well-known and powerful politician. Or maybe it can be a princess! But not like him! He is nobody!"

"Exactly! The nerve of him to try and get Skyler as his boyfriend. Even if Skyler approached him, he should be the one who says NO! He doesn't deserve him! Like yuck! As in Yuck!"

I can't help but hear those girls behind me talking about Skyler and me. I'm currently here at the cafeteria trying to study for my class later while waiting for Skyler, we're supposed to have our break together, but here they are destroying my mood!

But the sad part is, there is a part of me that thinks that they are right! Who the hell am I to think and want someone like Skyler for myself and be my future? I have nothing to offer except for myself. I don't own anything besides my parents' house and my treehouse. I'm no one compared to Skyler, who is not just the famous varsity player of this university, but the son of the most well-known couple in the country.

Who the hell am I!

I tried to ignore them, but sometimes, it's becoming too much. There are some moments. Just for a short moment, I sometimes wish to go back to whatever I had before. I have my quiet and stress-free life, but every thought instantly goes away when he is with me, or he is coming my way.