Chapter 40

Skyler POV

I don't know what we are doing here, I saw the place, and we are in front of a gate right now. I don't know what Casey is thinking or planning that he asked me to bring him here.

I carefully park the car near the sidewalk, put my seat belt off then step out of the vehicle. We should be on a date right now, but it is ruined, and here we are in front of somewhere.

I don't have any f*cking idea what we are doing here.

I was about to go and confront Casey, but I was shocked when I saw his current state. He was already out of the car, but when he tried to walk, his knees gave up on him and were about to drop the floor.

Thankfully, I was fast enough to run to him and hold him before he was entirely on the ground.

"Baby! Are you okay? What happened!" I said as I was holding him. I can't see his face yet because he is looking at the ground, but what shocked me was when I saw the current look on his face.

He is crying! He is crying so hard! I never saw him like this! He is always the strong Casey, who never let anyone or anything distract him from his goal.

F*ck my feeling! F*ck my pride! I can't see him like this! I don't know if I'm the reason why he is like this. I don't care anymore! All I know is that I can't see the person I promise to love for my whole life be like this. I don't care if he truly loves my brother or me if yes! Then I will do my very best to make him love me instead. I don't care about anything else if he is with me and he is happy. Call me a martyr or a freaking Idiot. I don't care! I love him so much that I can accept everything! As in everything!

"Baby! Why are you crying? Is it because of me?" He was just crying so hard that he would always slip off from my arms because of so much crying that he's into right now. I quickly carried him like a bride into my arms and made him sit back in the car seat while he was still crying in my chest.

I'm starting to panic now! I didn't know what to do, seeing Casey be like this. I just pulled him more into me to make him feel that I was here and I would not leave him again. I started to caress his back to ease him.

"I'm here, baby! I'm here! I'm not going anywhere! Is it because I yelled at you earlier? I'm so sorry, baby! I'm just clouded by my anger earlier! Please forget everything that I said! I didn't mean to hurt you like this! Please don't cry anymore, baby! I'm so sorry! I'm sorry!"

He's been crying for. I don't know how long while I just remained here by his side, trying to make him feel okay. I was busy caressing his back while hugging him when I felt him slowly lift his face to see me. There were still so many tears flowing from his eyes. I tried to caress his face to remove those tears away.

"Skyler, can you help me walk inside?" He sadly said to me.

"Where, baby? I will help you anywhere you want to go!" I said to him.

"There!" He said while pointing his fingers somewhere. I looked at it and saw that he was pointing at the gate near us.

"You want to go inside?" I asked him. He nodded at me as his answer.

"Okay!" I said, he was about to slip out of my arms. I thought to try and step out of the car, but I stopped him.

"Why?" He asked me

"Don't bother standing up and walking, baby! I got you!" I said to him, and without warning, I carried him like a bride again.

"You don't need to do this, Skyler! I can manage to walk." He said while I tried to calm himself and stop his tears. I smiled at him.