Chapter 38

Casey POV

Casey POV

"Skyler!" I was shocked to see Skyler standing by the door. I could see by the look on his face that he was angry at me. Did he misunderstand? No! Please No! I was about to call him again, but he turned around and ran away from me.

"Skyler! Wait! Baby!" I called him as I tried to follow him, but someone suddenly held me by the wrist and pulled me back to face him.

"Mateo!" I yelled at him. He looks confused and shocked too.

"Baby? Did you call my brother, baby? But why? I thought you liked me! Your notebook says that..." I didn't let him finish; I pulled my arms from his grip.

"It's my diary, Mateo! Yes! I called your brother, baby, because that is what you should call your boyfriend, right? I didn't tell you about your brother and me because I wanted to know about us from him, but here we are. I guess I have no choice but to tell you about it." I said to him, I badly want to step away from here and follow Skyler, but I know I can't just leave Mateo here. I need to clear this up before fixing my issue with my boyfriend. Mateo seemed shocked about my sudden revelation.

"Boyfriend? With my brother? By why? Your diary said you like me, so why are you and my brother together? Did he force you? Tell me, Casey! I know my brother too much! I know he can be so possessive about the people he likes and wants that he will do everything to get you! Did he force you to agree about being a boyfriend to him? If yes, just tell me, and I will do everything to help you. I can talk to him that..."

"No! Of course not! Skyler didn't do any of that! He didn't force me in anything! Do you think he can ever force me to be his boyfriend? You know me, Mateo! I like him! I want to be his boyfriend! I want him too! He didn't force me or influence me to like him. I wake up one day that I'm starting to feel something for him. I admit, at first, I was annoyed about his presence. Remember that things that I asked you before? It's about Skyler. I'm the one whom I am talking about that day, and it is Skyler, who is someone who suddenly came into my life and started to change everything about me. He broke the walls that I've put up to protect myself from all of this. I thought I could stay as who I was before. I thought I was already contented with everything. I thought I was okay with being alone, but your brother told me otherwise. He showed me that being with someone is not a distraction but more like inspiration. He never made me feel alone! Yes! He is possessive, but I love that about him. I love how he will always love me, that I'm only his, and he was mine. Ever since my parents died, I've been living my life all alone, Mateo. I thought I was okay, but your brother made me realize that I'm not! That I'm never going to be happy being alone. He showed me that I can still fulfill my dreams even though I have someone called Boyfriend. He changes everything about me, Mateo! Everything!" I smilingly said to Mateo.

I can see how shocked and confused he was about what I said, but me? I can't help but smile so widely while thinking about everything that happens in the past. Until now, I haven't really thought about how Skyler was about to change everything for me.