Chapter 26

Casey POV

Two weeks before Skyler next game

"Are you really going to stay here and help me this whole evening?" I asked Skyler while we are currently here at the café. It's already 7 in the evening but because we notice we are starting to receive many customers even in the late nights during the weekend. We decided to make the café 24/7, but only during weekends. I am the one on duty this week, and next will be Luna, then Kyla, then me again. Dennise is omitted because she is not an official employee here.

"Yes, I am! I can't let you stay and be on duty all alone here!" He told me while watching me prepare the drink for one of our customers. Is he serious?

"Are you serious? I will be on duty till morning, don't tell me you will accompany me until the end of my shift." I said to him sounded so stunned because I really was shocked by what he said to me!

"Yes! I am!" He proudly said to me. I'm currently done preparing the drink, I was about to carry it to table number 6, where the customer is seated, but he stopped me and grabbed the glass from me.

"Don't carry this! It's too many! I don't want you to be in an accident!" He said to me.

"What are you..." I was about to tell him that I could handle it, but he was already gone beside me and now walking towards the customer.

I can only shake my head while watching him.

After a few minutes, he is finally back! I saw him holding a card, and then I saw him secretly crumbling that card and putting it in the trash can.

"What is that?" I asked him.

"Ahh, that? It's nothing!" He answered me suspiciously. He is acting weird about it; he didn't even look at me when he responded to my question, which I never saw him act whenever he is with me except, of course, when we are at his locker room. He can't look at me at that time because we are not okay. Is he hiding something from me?

He is now checking the displayed small cups located beside the cash register in front of him. He is acting weird! I quickly held his hand and made him face me.

"Is this what you call being honest? Tell me, what is it, or I won't be talking to you again! Do you want me to be angry at you? I hate being lied to!" I warningly said to him.

After hearing that, he instantly looks at me, looking shocked about what I said.

"No! I don't want you to be angry at me! It's just that..." He can't seem to continue his words to me

"What?" I asked him again

"Uhm..." still the same, so I let go of his hand and faced the cash register instead.

"Okay, if you don't want to tell me! Just don't talk to me tonight! Do whatever it is that you want!" I said to him. I was about to check the registers when Skyler suddenly ran to that trash bin again to get the card he threw earlier; he then returned to me, but he didn't forget to wash his hand with alcohol first. He even put some on that paper that he is holding.

He suddenly held me on my arm and pulled me somewhere.

We are now here at the employee's locker of this café.

"What?" I said to him as he stopped from dragging me

"Here!" He said while handing me the card.

"What is it?" I asked him

"Just look at it!" I did what he said and took the card from his hand. I slowly opened the crumbled card and saw that it contained a girl name, and I think cellphone number