Chapter 25

Author POV

A week after, Skyler and Casey came back to their normal routine. If you can, call this normal. Skyler was back to being all over Casey.

Casey tried to push him away, but he realized that he couldn't do anything about it anymore. Skyler is adamant, so he just let him. Casey still acts the same whenever Skyler is with him, but it's okay with Skyler as long as Casey is not pushing him away. As long as Casey is letting go of him and allowing him to show how much he loves him, everything is good for Skyler.

Unfortunately, the condition that Casey gave him is still on, so Skyler is still not off the hook.

Casey POV

Three weeks before Skyler next game

"Psychology is the study of mind and behavior. It encompasses the biological influences, social pressures, and environmental factors that affect how people think act, and feel. Gaining a richer and deeper understanding of psychology can help people achieve insights into their actions as well as a better understanding of other people." Here I am, sitting on the sofa inside Skyler's study room. I was busy reviewing for my exam later in Psychology. Skyler offered for me to be able to review it here as the library was already packed the last time I checked it. I don't know where else I can study. I need a quiet place so that I can focus.

I was reading my notes when I noticed someone was standing in front of me. It's Skyler.

Oh! Did I forget to say that he was here with me? I don't know why, but lately, I don't have the heart to push him away anymore. My friends said that I might be having feelings for him now, I don't know.

The condition I gave him for his next game is still on, so maybe I'm doing this as a gift unless he didn't win. At the very least, I gave him these moments. Arghhhh! It is so frustrating! I made that condition to have some space from him, but here he is hovering beside me again. My mind wants to yell at him and say...

"I told you to stay away from me until you win the game, right? So, please! stay away and give me my space!" but I don't know. It seems that whenever I try to say those words, nothing is coming out of my mouth! As in nothing! It's like there are two versions of me now.

One that wants my space for myself and one that is used to his presence already. I'm not going to lie anymore, but that part of me felt so comfortable whenever he was with me. I felt protected and cared about.

I never thought I would feel this way again after my parents died. The feeling of being hovered with. The feeling that there is someone out there, thinking about my safety. Someone who wants to make me happy. It is what Skyler is making me feel right now. That part of me wanted to try and accept his love for me, but there is still this other part of me that is afraid to try.

God! I'm so stressed already!

"Casey, are you sure you don't want any food? Mateo stuck so many foods inside the ref. If you want, I can reheat anything, or if you want, I can buy you anything in the cafeteria. Just tell me what it is, and I will give it to you!" Here he was again acting like my butler or something.

He is always like this, I mean, he's been like this before, but after I said sorry to him in the locker room, his caring act leveled up in so many levels that sometimes I am the one who is getting tired for him.

He is so frantic! Like I am the most important person in his life that he needs to impress.

"No! I'm good, Skyler! Please don't be so stressed around me. You've been walking all over the place trying to make this place comfortable for me. I'm telling you! You don't have to do that because I'm good! I should be thanking you for letting me be here." I said to him. I saw him calm down a little and sit in the chair in front of me.