Chapter 21

Casey POV

I'm so confused right now. I don't understand my feelings. Some part of me is happy that Skyler is not pursuing me anymore, but there is a part of me that...

I think I miss that weirdo! Gosh! I don't know! I'm so confused!

I was just silently walking in the hallway when I saw someone unexpectedly.

What is he doing here? Am I wrong to think that he is already gone?

It's Skyler with his friends, I think! They were walking in the hallway in their basketball jersey. He hasn't seen me yet because he was busy talking to his friend.

He laughed with his friend like nothing was going on or happened between us just a few days ago.

We are both just walking. I'm struggling to myself. I don't know what I should say to Skyler. Should I say sorry for what happened before and about what I said? Should I admit that I was pretty harsh to him that day? Gosh! What should I say to him! I don't know!

We are now a few inches away when our eyes meet, but there is something different.

Usually, when Skyler sees me, his face instantly lights up and flashes his wide smile, but now it didn't happen. He just remained looking so serious, then he looked away and talked to his friends again.

A few more seconds, we are now near to each other. Our shoulders even bump into each other

"Sky..." I was about to talk to him, but he just walked right past me like I was not someone he knew.

He just walks right past me!

Yes! he did!

It took me a few minutes before I could even react to whatever it was that just happened. Why is Skyler like that to me so suddenly? Does his feeling to me gone now? That fast?

Am I nothing to him now? Did I hurt him that much that he chose just to ignore me and forget all the things that happened and he said to me? Is that it? Is it possible for him to just make me someone he doesn't know before? Is it possible?

I don't understand!

~~~

Author POV

Casey and Mateo are currently having their study session when Mateo notices that Casey is out of focus and seems like thinking something so deep.

"Functions are what we use to describe things we want to talk about mathematically. I find, though, that I get a bit tongue-tied when I try to define them. Do you have another way to explain them?" Mateo asked Casey but was confused when he saw that Casey looked so weird and seemed to be not listening to him.

"Casey? Hello? Casey?" Mateo was trying to get
Casey's attention.

"Oh, sorry! you're saying?" Casey tried to act normal again.

"Are you okay? You seemed distracted? Am I boring you with this? I'm sorry if I'm always needing your help regarding this subject, you know we can change..." Casey didn't let Mateo finish his words.

"Oh no! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you feel that way. It's just that I'm distracted with something else." Casey said.

"About what? Care to tell me? Maybe I can help!" Mateo asked Casey wearing his broad smile as usual.

"Oh no! It would be best if you didn't bother yourself with my problems. I'm sure I can handle this!" Casey smilingly said to Mateo.

"Just tell me, Casey! You made me curious about it already! Please! You don't need to tell me the details? You can just tell me a brief of it." Mateo smilingly said to Casey.