Chapter 56

Author POV

Author POV

"You know what, you don't need to speak about anything! I don't want to hear any words from you! What I saw is already enough to answer all my questions! I'm sorry if I didn't notice it! You should have told me that you don't want me anymore! I swear I can take it! I'll be hurt, but it's better than being lied to! You should have just told me! I guess this is it for us! This is the end! Thank you for all the things that you did for me, Skyler! Thank you for everything, but I think we should break up! We need to break up! Thank you for everything, and Goodbye!" Casey seriously said to Skyler. He didn't wait for Skyler to respond. He immediately runs to go out of this place.

"I need to get out of here! I can't give him the satisfaction of seeing me break down because of him! I can't! I just can't!" Casey said, trying so hard not to cry again.

Thankfully, the gate of this University isn't far from where he is, so he immediately reaches the outside of the campus. A cab drives in front of the campus. He hurriedly called it, and he went inside the cab.

"Please, sir! Please take me away from here!" Casey said to the driver, and the driver immediately complied.

Skyler reacted a few seconds late, he tried to run after Casey, but Casey was already gone.

"Casey!" Skyler can only exclaim as he watches the cab having Casey inside it, drives away in front of him.

Flashback

A/N This is the part after Skyler dropped Casey in his dorm room.

The truth is Skyler didn't have anything to discuss with Derrek. He just wants to meet with Derrek to talk to him. They are currently inside Derrek's condo, drinking so much booze that were scattered in front of them.

"God! Derrek! I don't understand myself anymore! I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I can't stop myself from feeling it. I don't want to be this way. I know this doesn't seem right, but what I can do? It's like my body is acting on its own. I know I love him so much, but why can't I stop myself from feeling this way? F*ck! I want to hurt myself already! I can see how I'm already hurting my baby, but f*ck! Whenever we are in public, I'm becoming this conscious person, thinking if there is someone who might see us and will think of me the same as those new team f*cking members we have! I'm becoming this person who is so afraid. What if they call me this and that? I'm not like this! I don't f*cking care whatever other people say about me as long as it's not hurting Casey, but now I'm becoming that way! I don't f*cking understand myself anymore! I don't want to be this way! I love Casey! I'm proud of him, but why! F*cking why!" Skyler angrily said to Derrek. His friend put his hand on his shoulder before speaking to him.

"I think you are pressuring yourself too much! I know how much you want to be the basketball team captain. I can still remember how hard you tried to get the approval of our senior. You always play beyond your limits, and most of the time, you even get injured trying. You don't want to use your name to get this position reflects your dedication to this title. We all know that. Maybe our new members don't, but we do, Skyler! We all know that. Even the coach knows that! You don't need to pressure yourself in proving to our members that you fit this role because you are the perfect person to be put as the Captain of the team." Derrek said to him before having another sip from his beer.

"But did you see how they look at me, how they talk behind my back? They are not even hiding it. They are talking on the side even though I'm still there, and I can hear them. What did they say again? They are afraid about our games in the future because of the captain because they thought I become a softie! That I'm not like before who is famous for being the best! Now I'm only famous for loving a man! Is that it? After all the things that I worked so hard to be at this point of my basketball career, I will only be known as the softie captain who loves a man! They may not be saying it to my face! But they only see me now as Gay! A fucking gay!" Skyler angrily said that he even threw the bottle of beer that he was holding. It instantly broke into pieces.

"Why are you so pressed about what they think of you? Is their opinion really that matter? If it is, what do you want to do with it then? It's their opinion, it's not like you can push them to think otherwise, or if you want them to stop thinking of you as a gay or softie or whatever the f*ck they think of you, us, can you break up with Casey! If you break up with that person, you call your life. No more issues of you being gay will suffice. Are you willing to do that?" Derrek seriously asked Skyler. His angry friend looks at him, mad because he couldn't believe that Derrek would ever ask him this question.

"What the f*ck are you saying? Break up with Casey! Have you lost your mind? Never! I will never break up with my Casey! I'll die first before I can even think about doing that! God! Why would you suggest that!" Skyler angrily exclaimed at Derrek.

"That's what I'm talking about! If you love Casey this much so, why are you thinking about what other people are saying about you? You told me that he is your the one, right? So, why not act like it and be confident about your relationship? You said that you do. Why are you affected by this now? It's because you don't want to stain your name, or you are the basketball team's captain? Does what they think about you, is the thing that defines you and your relationship with Casey? Is that it? Are their opinions really what matters to you!" Derrek seriously said to Skyler. These words made Skyler shut up like he was affected by his words.

"See! You're affected by my words Skyler! I know you! We've been friends forever, so I can say that I know you inside and out! You haven't changed yet! Despite your saying that you don't care about other people's opinions, I can see it through you! I can see how much other people's opinion affects you! You've been living your life consciously about it. You are always the Skyler who doesn't want other people to see you by your name only. You are having a hard time trusting other people because you always think that they are just approaching you because of your name. It's hard for you to accept bad thoughts about yourself; you focus on it that you don't realize that you are neglecting other people who truly see you as the real you. The people who love you! You neglect them because of what other people say about you! That's the truth, Skyler! The sooner you accept it, the sooner you" Skyler didn't let Derrek finish.

Skyler immediately stands in his seat, and without warning, he punches his friends. He aggressively held him by his collar. He pulls him to stand too from his heart and pins him on the wall near them.

"Don't ever f*cking say that because I'm not! I'm not f*cking like that!" Skyler angrily said to his friend.

"See! You are so clueless that you didn't know and notice it yourself! But.." Derrek tried to pull himself away from Skyler's hold, which he successfully did. He fixes himself before speaking again. He held Skyler into his shoulder again.

"I'm telling you, Skyler! You have to stop being this way! It's not worth it! You should stop thinking about other people's opinions and look at what matters to you! I'm telling you now! As a friend! You have to stop your attitude, or you'll end up alone! You may not notice it, but you are hurting everyone who truly loves you by acting this way! Don't go back to the old you because you will suffer if you do! You're losing him, bro! Sooner or later, if you continue to be this way, it's already too late for you to realize they are gone! You don't ever want to see that! I promise you! You don't!" Derrek said to Skyler, and then he started to walk away to clean up all the empty booze that he and Skyler had drunk.

A/N Flashback will continue in the next chapter

TO BE CONTINUED
WAANJAIMJORA