chapter 12

We left after drinking our smoothies and I was quiet he just was holding my hand and driving around with me I look at da time and its 1:30 pm he go park at a park under the trees he had tint but I guess he ain want it to melt or sumn ion know he sit back and look at me saying "niya talk baby you haven't said nun since we left from eating " I fix my shirt and look at him saying "what am I supposed to say jay" "ion know sumn you talk to me and ion ever want you to stop cause than imma think I did sumn wrong so did I " I grab his hand with both of my hands and say "you did nothing wrong its just your right but this is my mom were talking about and I'm the oldest I can't just leave" "uhn uhn your not just leaving they can call text watever n see you its just you don't have to be unhappy to keep someone else happy you matter too just think about it I mean what I say too you can come stay with me" "because you wanna fuck...just let me out bro"

he make a face and say "you think I brought you to my home and let you in my car to fuck come on you gotta know me better I wouldn't do that girls don't even be in here you the first-" "red flag" he ignore it and say "the only-" "red flagg" he look at me and say "what is you doing I'm tryna be serious wit you" "I'm counting red flags you say " "ion got nun because I'm not lying what I gotta lie for " "ion know but it's not sounding right to me" "ok..imma say it like this if you decide you want space for a while and don't want to do all that court stuff or cause sumn just call me and you can stay wimme for however long you want and we don't have to talk, kiss, fuck nun of that" I look at him from the corner of my eye and say "ok I'll think about it and remember but you gon get tired of me" "nah I'm not but ok" I shrug and say "what we here for" "to talk I'm not ready to take you back yet" I laugh for the rest of the time we just talked it was easy talking with him honestly but I still couldn't get my mind off him knowing that I got issues wit my mom like I can't just have no parents I already don't have a  dad like I know him but we don't speak I can't have mommy and daddy issues that's o d'ing and embarrassing.

After talking he dropped me off at the top of my grandma road and left he didn't want to but I told him this is best for me to have him do that I walked down to my grandma house with my phone and headphones and a  slushy he bought me I sat on a swing outside looking at everybody run and play in the yard and my uncles and them drank beer and cook on the grill I sit beside my favorite quiet cousin and me and her lay beside each other in my grandma room she was on facetime and I was texting back and forth with him he went to the gym to workout and stuff. He was on a break at the moment. I said "nigga you in there watching other niggas workout dats kinda gay" "no it's not I said he wasn't doing the workout right u gay" "dat makes u gay for kissing me lastnite let's not playyy" he leave me on seen and my screen go dark and he was calling I laugh laying on my cousin stomach she was wearing basketball shorts and a Nike shirt must've spent da night somewhere nun of my business tho. I answer with my headphones in and my forehead and eyes in the camera.

"hi" "don't hi me" "oop someone's fiesty on a sunday" my cousin laugh "niyah who is that " "who is what " "who is you laying on and kiking wit see now you lied to me talm bout I'm going to my grandma house that's a nigga house and yall in bed that's trifling as fuck" he punch sumn I say "firstly calm down this is my cousin see it's a girl and what do I have to lie for just ask questions before getting mad or outta pocket " "I did you ain say nun" "no you didn't give me time to and I deserve an apology fucking dummy" I hang up "ion want no hot head" my cousin say "that's all you go for is hotheads" "they come to me calm so ion be knowing but he's not like that all the time you know" she nod I just lay down going to sleep turning over on my stomach.

The next day at school Monday.

I get to school going to home room and sleep for them 20 minutes and go to first period I see them girls in my seat and roll my eyes because you know I sit right there yall be looking me dead in my face it's always sumn I sit on the otherside of the room and the teacher start talking I do my bellringer and take a little nap after she don't wake me up just mark me here and keep it pushing luv her. Jay texted me yesterday and tried to call back twice but ian answer or text back because he's confused about who thee fuck I am because I'm not the one to play with he did text this morning before school but I just read it "goodmorning nini...talk to me" I shook my head to myself and did my work it was bout lunch time and ian see dj and them much this period or at all this morning it's too quiet I'm over the crush it's just too quiet is all I'm saying something about to happen I feel it but what.