chapter 48

Next Day..

I woke up to jay phone ranging I reach over and grab it answering he hug my waist "hello?" "hey baby it's mommy " "he's sleep um?" "oh who are you" "Jay's girlfriend " "aww he hasn't bought you around yet what's your name ?" "nia" he tighten his grip around me "bae who is dat?" "um" "he's woke?" "yea jay it's your momma she wants-" "hang up" "but it's-" "hang up "  he repeats sitting up now I bite my lip and say "bye sorry " he grab the phone from me hanging up and I cover up my chest saying "jay.." "you don't get it yet I'll let you see for yourself one day but right now isn't the time I promise I'm not doing her wrong I treat you with respect and every other person I know it's just you not gon understand this baby" "explain it to me than she sounds so sweet jay" he blow out a breathe stretching getting up and say "just go back to sleep ma I'll explain just not now "

I nod laying back down and watch him shut the door to his room and he go towards the kitchen and flip on the light. I listen hearing him fix something to drink and turn back off the light my eyes got heavy after that and I fell back asleep. It was 2 am when I got the call from his mama but now it's 5 am and he just now getting back home I watch him slide back off his shirt and shoes I sit up half way and say "where you been ?" "don't matter it's all good now " "it does matter its like " I grab my phone and look at the time saying "5 in the morning why are you creeping" "we not finna argue right now its 5 in the morning like you said it's too early and I'm not no creeping I live here nia" "jaylen fix your attitude and still where were you" "don't fucking matter I wasn't cheating just had to go check on sumn " he raised his voice at me and I nod finna start crying I grab one of his covers off the bed and say "ok" he watch finna get in the bed while I get out wrapping one of his covers around me walking out his room "nia where you going it's too early for this " I keep going to the living room and lay down for another hour before school.

He talking about he not creeping cause it's his house but he is why you shut the door before you left and why can I not know where you been if I'm your girlfriend I just wanna make sure everything is ok with him honestly since that call from his momma he flew the coop like I don't even matter anymore. I lay facing the pillows and think maybe he got what he wanted from me and it was good while it lasted, maybe I should just go home tomorrow after school hop on that bus and just go home.I hear a light flip on and get up under the covers he say "go lay back in the bed you don't have to sleep on the couch I can" he wait a minute waiting for me to move and say "come on quit being fucking stubborn ma" I get up blowing out a breathe sniffling and wipe my face a lil and go walking pass him he get in the way tryna look in my face I kept moving it he mumble "stop man why you crying"

"move jay you don't really care" "when I said that" "you didn't have to your actions show it just please lemme go to bed I'm tired..ion wanna fuss no more" he let go my chin and blow out a breathe saying "I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you cry baby" I just kept walking to the room while he stayed I got back in bed after shutting the door and  lay there watching the time on my phone change until the alarm ringed I cut it off and went to go wash I got out from washing and saw him waiting to go in.

He look at me and I look at him for a minute than walked faster away from him to the room. I got dressed and lotioned up and made up his bed cleaning up he got out and dried off and put on his clothes I just grabbed my book bag and went to the livingroom to wait.I sat on his couch with my hoodie on and stuff ready to go to school than my home, I'm not finna chase nobody and ask questions cause unfortunately I'm not the police or an detective and this gon be like a little break because my momma still at the hospital with my uncle or whatever. He come out and say "ready?" I just get up grabbing my bag walking towards the door with him behind me I start unlocking and opening it and he say "we'll stop by McDonald's before school " I just walked out it's not like we don't go there all the time before school it's just he can tell my mood has changed and is tryna fix it but I don't want him to feel forced it's just.

I'm not used to a man coming in late and shit it's not me or what I represent I just need him to explain and not play in my face like a few hours ago saying "it's cool " or "it don't matter you wouldn't understand " felt like he was degrading me a lil and ion want that I'm ok youn gotta tell me twice you don't want me.

We went and got McDonald's I just got a sweet tea and left it at that while he got 2 sausage biscuits and a sweet tea with a hash round...he's so cute this why I cook for him cause I know he'll eat it and stuff.But we go into the school and he walk me to class I let everything go as normal as it could but after I get home today I'm blocking him.