Bennett the Bully

Bennett x Reader
School Au
Angst TW

You can't stand it... He took it too far... You told your friends and family, they say they're always there by your side to support you, but it was just too mean. Too much.
Here at your high school, you are bullied everyday. His name is Bennett. You've known him since forever, he went to your elementary school, middle school, and he's always been kind, but high school... He's a monster. He's horrible, and you were certain he had an evil heart.
You ran out of your class to the bathroom, wiping the tears off your face. How could he say that to you? Treat another human like that? "You should just kill yourself, you're better off that way." He had said in front of only two other people. Telling him to cut it out, but the words had sunken in. You sat in a stall crying for some time, just letting it all out. He doesn't mean it... he doesn't mean it... You remembered a time back in kindergarten, you only knew him for a week or two when you had partner work with him. You had accidentally snipped your finger with the scissors, despite them being blunt, and little Bennett gasped and quickly grabbed your finger, holding the wound and called for the teacher. He looked at you and said, "That's probably my fault, my parents said I have bad luck... I'm sorry." The teacher had put a band-aid on it, then afterwards you were surprised when he kissed your finger saying, "All better." He seemed like he cared for you then. But he was five after all.
You managed to calm yourself down, but saw that there wasn't much time left of the class you were in, so you hung around a bit. As you're planning on leaving just at the door you suddenly see your tormentor. Quickly you halt and hide behind the wall, hoping he won't see you. After three seconds you hear a loud crashing. Curious, you peek your head around the corner to see Bennett sitting on the floor, a mop and bucket fallen on him. You widen your eyes and try not to laugh out loud in his face. Karma. You think to yourself. After he's put those things aside and has gotten to his feet you hide yourself again. This time instead of walking away silently you hear him speaking. But the responder is a muffled voice so you know he's on the phone. Suddenly you're surprised when you can hear the person he's talking to yelling and screaming at him. You peek your head out again, mouth slightly open as you watch him walk along listening to the person quietly. Just taking in every curse word they call him. As he turns the corner and dissapears you stand there in confusion. This is the first time you noticed all those band-aids.
"Bennett? The one who bullies you?" Your friend questions and you nod your head. You were telling her about what happened earlier that day.
"Pft! Serves him right!" She says. You can't help but agree with her at least a little bit.

You were scared to go to school in the mornings. What would you suffer today? Would he hurt you again? You finished your lunch early, so you said your goodbyes to your friends and left the cafeteria to go to your class on the second floor. You step into the room and dread fills you instantly. Great. You think to yourself sarcastically. It was just you and Bennett. He was leaning against a window, looking down at his cellphone silently. You weren't planning on staying in the room but you saw something that kept you there. A heavy marble globe just happened to tip off the edge of a cabinet and fall into the glass. You widened your eyes and rushed over when you saw the glass cracking, and it must have been badly put in, because the glass popped out and fell down to the earth. Bennett, the man you hated, fell with it, how unlucky, you had thought in a split moment as you ran to the window shouting,
"Oh my goodness!!!" You reached out and caught his forearm and wrist.
"Gah!" You shrieked trying to pull him up. He quickly reacted and tried his best to get up as well, grabbing the window sill with his free hand. You managed to pull him in, and you collapse backwards, holding your aching arms. You looked to him, who was on his knees looking down, and you were taken aback when you saw tears streaming down his face. You watch him wide eyed as he sits on the ground, crying there in front of you.
"Bennett... are you... okay?" You ask shocked, having a hard time grasping reality. Everything felt like a blurry chaotic daze. He looks up at you, green eyes connecting to yours as tears spill out of them.
"I'm... so sorry... Y/N...! Yes! I am!" He cries. He sounded so vulnerable. You tilt your head at him confused.
"Huh?..." Is all you can manage. The wind from the empty window blows in what should be a nice breeze, but it makes you shiver all over. He sat dangerously close to the edge. Why should I care? You try to think. But you're not a viscous person. You didn't want to see him hurt or injured, and you didn't want to see him dead. He looks at you unsure, eyes narrowing as he looks down at himself. You feel even more confused when you see his cheeks tint pink.
"I... I love you, I love you Y/N!" He struggles to get out and he harshly wipes the tears off his skin. Your entire face goes hot. You think you're hearing wrong.
"Everytime I treat you that way...!" He looks up to you and you feel so seen, it makes you feel like you're naked in a spotlight.
"My parents... love me... right? Parents love their children... That's how they treat me..." He says and it suddenly all became clear to you. A wave of pity and empathy and sorrow hit you all at once.
"I thought that was love..." He cries.

In the near future Bennett is put up for adoption and a few adventurers guild members take him in. He hasn't been happier in a long time.

A/N Ummm. Yeah. Sorry. 😶 1070 words.