Loyal Kaeya

Kaeya X Reader
School AU
Slight Angst

You're in grade twelve, sitting in your history class, when your teacher assigns a huge research assignment, one that will last for a month. You're about to look over to your friend when the teacher announces he will be choosing partners.
"Dang..." You mutter to yourself and pout to your friend who is pouting back.
"Y/N you'll be partnered up with Kaeya, and..." You turn to look at the boy you just got paired up with. His uniform blouse buttons undone lowly, causing him to appear as if he's only wearing the vest at first glance. He has messy blueish hair, and light brown skin. You knew him, but not personally. You don't think you've ever even spoken a word to him. You're mildly freaked out that this will be your new month-long partner.
He gets up and sits down in the desk in front of yours, facing you.
"Hello, my name is Kaeya Alberich, and you are?" He asks. You're taken aback by his manner of speaking and you think it's kind of funny the way he talks like that and carries his words.
"I'm Y/N..." You say. This will be weird the entire time, won't it?... You think to yourself feeling embarrassed and sarcastic.

As you work together with him in class and out of class you decide he's not the worst person, he just has an... let's just say... odd air to him... His crystal blue purplish eyes were gorgeous. More like eye, as he always had one of his eyes covered, specifically his right eye. You didn't bother asking about it though. Kaeya however found himself slowly falling in love with you. Your personality and sense of humor is what really struck him, differing you from the rest of the students. Then he found himself thinking you were way more beautiful then the rest, and this is when he realized he liked you. When he'd send you a team's message (yEs tEaMs) concerning your project he would think to himself, How many other people are texting her right now? Is my message on the top? And he had to push away his jealously and curiosity. Especially after lunch, when you'd work on it with him in the library, and your friend would come and take you away, you two giggling about who knows what. He'd just watch you two leave, giving a small wave goodbye, as he rested his cheek on his fist.

The time came when the research was done, the good copy written, and the project handed in. You had thought of him as a good friend now. When people put in the time to talk to you and hear about your day, you thought of them as close friends already. It didn't take you long to warm up to others. So sometimes you'd go out for lunch with your friends, and ask him to tag along, and you knew had memorable experiences with him.
However, about two months after the project, things changed. Kaeya had built up the courage to tell you his feelings. You were in the library, and you just signed out a book, going back to your bag when he said, "Y/N." You looked up at him from your bag, humming a, "Hmm?" He swallowed silently before saying, "I... really like you." You freeze, widening your eyes, freaking out about what you should do. The truth is, all those times you were giggling with your friends, talking quietly to them, it was about another man. Your crush since the beginning of the year.
"Kaeya..." You say, trying to form the words and deliver them in a non-offensive way, the nicest you can. You didn't want to break his heart.
"I actually already like someone else..." You say sheepishly. He quickly says, "Who?" But in a soft voice. You blush slightly, feeling bad for saying it.
"C/N..." You let out.
"I'm really sorry." You apologize. His eye widens only momentarily, but then he just smiles sweetly.
"I understand, Y/N. I'll be here for you no matter what, okay?" He says. You feel your heart break slightly, as his was already shattered. You want to look away from him, but you feel as if that would be disrespectful so you give him your gaze, feeling guilty.
"Thank you, Kaeya..." You say and he nods briefly, saying, "Of course."

Kaeya had kept his word. He wanted to help you get the boy you loved. You were shocked everyday more and more at his helpful caring hand. You did end up advancing your relationship with your crush, but even though Kaeya kept smiling you knew deep down that this hurt him and broke his heart, and that broke your heart.

A.N HEYYYY. SORRY I HAVE SOMETHING WITH WRITING ANGSTY TRASH. HAHAHA OKI BYE. 800 words.