Sakura Moth, Albedo

Albedo x Reader
Modern AU
Angst TW

It's such a beautiful day. You're walking outside with the sakura's falling falling onto the ground and past you. You are wandering the school garden with your two best friends Amber and Albedo. Your footsteps are light as the three of you walk joyfully together, sharing jokes and telling stories. When you guys get tired you sit down on a stone bench. You watch as a butterfly lands on Amber and she looks down at the flowers thoughtfully.
"What's on your mind?" You ask calmly. She quickly looks up slightly blushing and the butterfly flies away.
"Uh... Well..." She stutters and looks anywhere but her friends.
"Okay... I guess I should just say it. Don't make fun of me! Okay Y/N, Albedo?" She says flustered. You two make a promise.
"I... really like Chongyun... like a lot." You're slightly shocked but don't let her know it.
"He's... just so sweet. And yesterday he found my bracelet and gave it to me. How did he know it was mine? Is he really observing me that much?" She played with the dark soil beneath her feet.
"I guess there's the possibility he just asked someone else... Huhhhh. I don't know what to do. He's been on my mind all week." You two are silent and she looks at you.
"What?! You two are totally bullying me inside your heads!" She blushed with her hands in fists.
"No, no! I promise I'm not!" You affirm. She looked down embarrassed as Albedo watched her silently then looked up to you.

It's the end of the school day and you catch up with Albedo in the halls.
"Hey," You say as you match your pace with him and walk side by side.
"Hi, what's up?" He asks. You hold the straps of your backpack tightly.
"Well, I don't know... I'm just worried for Amber. You know, what if she's hurt again? Does Chongyun even know she's in his class?" You ramble. Your synchronous steps comforting you.
"Well who knows? She did say he returned her lost bracelet to her. Maybe he secretly really likes her." He says looking eye to eye with you. However, your worries were still there.
"I can't bare to see her the way she was after Zhongli again." You grimace at the words that left your mouth.
"Hey," Albedo halts in his tracks and places his hand on your shoulder.
"I'm sure she's fine, okay? Please don't worry. Some things happen for a reason." He reassures and smiles lightly. After a moment of thought you smile too.
"Okay. Well, I'll see you around." You cheer and he waves goodbye, you two going your separate ways.

It's now the weekend and after texting a few friends you decide to go outside. You've always been a little bit of an adventurer. You make your way to a creek you like to visit often. While you wander in the woods you find a baby frog, but it's trapped. You pick it up gently and start looking for its family. When you came nearer to water you see someone sitting there, holding their knees. You stop mid tracks, slightly scared out of your skin from the sudden being. Although, your foot broke a stick and the figured turned. You were surprised to see it was Venti. His eyes widened and so did yours. Quickly he stood up and pink lightly covered his cheeks.
"Ah, Y/N, what a coincidence to bump into you here. What's up?" He asks.
"I found a baby frog who's lost from his family. But anyway, how are you doing, Venti? It's so funny that I bumped into you. I was just thinking about you!" You say happily. Venti was one of your childhood best friends. He was sent to a different school two years ago and you've rarely seen him since.
"Oh, you were?..." He stares down to your hand that enclosed the frog.
"Yeah! When we used to throw pebbles at old lady Jenkens house. Remember?" I can't believe we used to do that..." You trail off.
"Yeah, ehe... I think I found the frogs family." He points down to the ground. Your eyes follow and you see a cute hopping frog.
"Oh goody!" You walk over to it and set free the baby in your hands. You look up at him from the ground and lock eyes. He only looks at you for a moment before turning his gaze.
"So, how's Albedo?" He asks. They were friends as well.
"Oh, he's doing pretty good. Other than yapping about all his homework that isn't chemistry related, I think he's doing pretty great." You two laugh, the sun shines down happily, the birds tweet peacefully. After catching up with each other he walks you to your home.
"My cat died." He said with a pout.
"Huaaa!!!" You gasp and he watches you flail silently.
"I loved that cat! I'm so sorry... I'm going to get you a new one, I promise!" You say.
"No, no, it's ok. I don't need another one, I kind of had allergies anyway." He puts his hands up slightly.
"Even if you hate this cat, you can just give him back to me, but you have to accept, okay?!" You poke his chest. His eyes are slightly wide.
"Uh... o- okay..." He smiles.