Rival Gangs, Bennett

Bennett x Reader
Gang AU

Written by dearest ruuuchannn

There are two gangs in town. One is led by a boy named Bennett, while the other is led by someone named Y/N. The two rival gangs came across each other one stormy night as lightning struck and thunder boomed. There was a downpour but that didn't stop the two gangs from their outdoor interaction. Razor, the second highest ranking in Bennetts gang had his pack of wolves behind him, all their eyes fixated on Y/N and her gang, but Razors dark red eyes were the creepiest that were fixated on them. As for Y/N's gang, they had just set some things on fire when they happened to come across Bennett and his gang. The fire burned brightly behind the ladies, the rain very slowly and inefficiently taking it out. Y/N led Paimon, Beidou, Ningguang, Amber, and Jean. Bennett led Razor, Royce, Jack, Heckler, and one of his toughest dads. It was a dark night, but the leaders stared at each other nonetheless. Y/N felt butterflies in her stomach and his heart sped up. They walked towards each other, two extra members from each gang following their leader close behind. As Bennett and Y/N were only two steps away from each other the craziness of the situation caught up with them. Y/N had feelings for Bennett, and Bennett had feelings for Y/N, but neither of them knew the feeling was mutual. They were supposed to be rivals. He looked her in the eyes and said, "Long time no see." He had a delinquent demeanor and his tough look contributed to his overall cool and troublesome reputation. Everything went wrong when Bennett was around.
"Not long enough." Y/N answers back, lying of course. The wait felt too long to her. He smirked at her and laughed coldly at the remark, but on the inside he really hoped that she didn't hate him. He wanted to hold her desperately.

Another day takes place, sometime after he last bumped into Y/N's gang. Bennett's threatening Kathryn to give him mora. She shakily hands it over to him, sputtering out, "h-here!" He leans towards her and smiles, then he snatches the mora from her. However, little did he know that Y/N just happened to witness the moment from afar. Seeing this as an opportunity she walks over to him and swipes the mora from his hand.
"Hey!-" He yells and grabs her hand but as he turns to look to see who it is he's taken quite aback. Both of their eyes widen as they look to her hand that's hidden in his fist. Her heart beats so loudly she assumes he can hear it, but even though she loved the warmth of his hand against hers, she quickly ripped herself away from him. She turns to Kathryn and gives her all the mora that was taken from her except one, which she tucks in her pocket. Bennett glares at her then walks away, thinking to himself, why did I let that slide? He knows he has to keep up appearances.

It's a brand new day, and Y/N's walking around Mondstat with Paimon near the Knights of Favonious and Adventurers Guild. As Y/N's walking she suddenly come to a halt, spotting Bennett and Razor walking nearby. She mildly freaks out when Bennett catches her eye, and he dismisses Razor. She knows that he did it on purpose, so she looks towards Paimon and nods, she understands and retreats to the gang, telling them that their leader is having a chat with bad luck boy. The two gangsters make their way towards each other and once they meet up Bennett mutters, "Let's walk." lowly. The two start walking together with an awkward stiff chat going on, both of them trying not to seem interested in the other. The clouds get darker and darker as they walk along. They end up in a secluded area, and it starts drizzling. As she looks up to the sky then back down her eyes connect to his, causing her to fluster. He looked so cute and attractive in the rain, and Y/N knew by the way he didn't flinch at each raindrop that he was used to being caught in storms. Suddenly Y/N became tense and nervous, as she noticed the sudden increase in tension. The way his green eyes were fixed on her, hardly stirring.
"Come closer." He eventually says and her eyes widen. She toughly steps towards him, keeping a stone face.
"You know how bad it would be if one of us liked one of you?" He said, and the rain fell harder, the air colder, the sky a darker grey.
"It'd be catastrophic." She says keeping her eyes placed on him, held there like a magnet.
"But your lips look lonely." He said, his voice muffled from the rain, letting go of hiding his feelings. In the cold atmosphere she heats up, cheeks burning red, but she can't look away from the boy focused on her. His white blonde hair resting on his forehead due to the rain pouring on him.
"Well yours do too." She grumbles.
"Hmph." He lets outs, then stares at the girl longer. All Y/N can hear is the sound of the downpour, and her sight blurs from the raindrops that rest heavy on her eyelashes. That's when she can make out his figure leaning in closer to her. Her heart speeds up, pumping blood to every place of her body and she finds herself leaning in too. When she's close enough to reach him he hesitates, and she flickers her eyes up to his, his breath hitting her cheek. She can hardly stand the anticipation, and that's when he crashes his lips onto hers. She instantly heats up, heart racing too fast. His hand gently goes to her cheek, the other to her waist and her shivering body now shivers from the contact, not the cold, as his warmth spreads like a wildfire throughout her.
She was surprised at how passionate the moment was, as she thought only she felt this way for him. Little did Y/N know he wanted this moment as much as she did.

Razor and Paimon happened to come back from opposite sides of the lane. They both stop, eyes wide at the view. Their leaders were kissing...? Quickly Razor runs off, going to tell the others about his betrayal.
"W-what?" Paimon mutters to herself, shocked, and quickly flies away. Neither Bennett or Y/N noticed though. When the two pull away she's a blushing mess and he says,
"I don't really care about what the others think." He wears a content smile and she can't help but return it.

When the two gangs found them they announced their uniting.
"We're not fighting anymore." Bennett said. She turns to look at her girl gang and says, "You can lower your guard." They reluctantly listen, and new rules are set in place.
"We should celebrate this uniting." One of the boys suggested. So the two gangs make their way to a tavern for the night, rain racing down the windows as Beidou says, "Drinks on me!"

A.N Longer one!! BUT HEY, IMAGINE THE GENSHIN CHARACTERS BUT ALL TOUGH AND RAGGED LOOKING, WITH THEIR WEAPONS AND TRASHY EXPRESSIONS. UGH I LOVE IT. Anyways, hope you enjoyed. 1100 words <3