Dizzy, Xiao

Reader x Xiao
Angst TW

A.N. Happy 40th chapter!! This is my first headcanon dedicated to Xiao. :)

Xiao got along with you. Actually he got along with you quite well. You and him were official partners, newly weds. He never has wanted to give himself to somebody the way he wanted to give himself to you. Infact, most of his past was dark and lonely, and you really were the first creature he's ever wanted. It was slow for him, but he found you in trouble one day, and he helped you. He was his usual distant self, but when he parted from you, he found himself thinking back about it. Not the way he would just scoff at mortals, well he did that to you too, but the way your eyes gleamed, the peacefulness of your face. Instantly he had pushed those ideas away. "How could I think of a mortal this way?" He thought to himself and dismissed the thought. However, about a month later he saw you again. He halted in his tracks, eyes widening behind his mask. It was you again. And the same scenario. She's passed out again. He thought to himself. This time you had your best friend with you, and they were trying to wake you up. He noticed a group of hilichurls coming to get you two, so he went and slaughtered them, before your friend could even notice. They watched him in amazement and slight fear, instantly giving thanks to him. You woke up to the sound of your friend nervously and passionately professing their gratitude, and you blinked a couple of times then rubbed your eyes after sitting up slightly to see a man, but it was that man. Hey! It's him again! You thought to yourself. He stood there looking at the two of you through his mask, and you noticed his spear dripping blood, then you noticed the five hilichurls laying on the ground. Your eyes widened and you bowed your head just like your friend, giving thanks. He was grand and scary, and you could feel the difference between him and you and your friend. He told you two to stand up and be more careful, you two instantly obeyed. The friend asked, "Who are you?" You tried to remember, swearing he told you his name last time. The blue hair blowing passed his mask. You recognized it. His outfit and spear also prominent in your memory. You were certain his name was... X... Xi... Suddenly his mask disintegrated away and his face was revealed.
"My name is Xiao." He said, remembering the time when Morax told him to use this name from now on. It clicked in your brain, Xiao! Right.
"Thank you very much!" You two said. He had told you that he would be of aid if he ever saw you in trouble again. You two were very thankful and you scurried away, feeling excitement and nervousness.
Deep down Xiao wanted to know why you had fainted both times he saw you.

Now, you two were together, and he knew it was stupid of him to fall for a mortal, but he did. He wanted to be with you. He felt bad about it. About the karmic debt that may taint you, although he hardly thinks it has, and
about the way he is always busy, dedicated to the unknowing people of Liyue. After getting to know you he found out a lot more about mortals. He realised that unlike him, people needed other people, or else their mood would drop, and they would become sad and lonely. He thinks if anything, that trait of yours has rubbed off on him, and he finds himself missing you. Even with all that is wrong with him, you still fell in love. You still wanted to spend your life with him. You had known him for seven years, dated for two, was engaged for another half. Your marriage was done almost completely privately, him allowing some of your closest people to come. No bridesmaids, because that would show the lack of groomsman, something you didn't want to do to him. You had a high priest who was very in tune with the history and ways of the gods and adepti marry you two. The happiness he felt and the happiness you felt was overwhelming, and you loved every bit of it.
That night like few other nights with you, he allowed himself to be happy and to have a good time. He had carried you away to your beautiful home, under the night sky. You were so happy, as you held on to him tight. You felt like a feather in his arms as you always had, even with your heavy and beautiful wedding gown on. You had never seen him wear a tux until then. That night you two became one spiritually and physically, even though he was an adepti and you a human. He was very easy and delicate with you, because of the difference in your power but also because of your condition. You were alright that night though, as if luck had struck you two. Your marriage and uniting was the happiest time of your lives.