Avoidance, Scaramouche

Scaramouche x Reader
High school AU
Angst TW

You see the boy you've known for so long, and hide behind the wall,
sitting down on the ground. The blue hair dissapraring behind the door. You turn on your phone with a small frown, deactivating your social accounts, only permitting your school app and messenger app. A little frown on your face rises to the surface.

Later you're walking to class and as you turn the corner, your eyes connect to a deep blue pair, very gorgeous and detailed. You almost gasp out, but try to remain normal and calm, as to not raise suspicion, so you keep going. That was close... You think to yourself. You enter the class and dread when you would have a shared course with him.

The time came. The only one class you shared with your lifelong friend, economics. You tried to think of what to do, so you decided, appear busy. You walk in the room, and sure enough he is there, and he looks at you, but you stare down at your phone, typing aggressively, then sit down without looking anywhere else. Throughout class you only glanced at him once, the rest of the time you were fully giving your attention to the teacher. After class you ran out quickly, spotting one of your friends thinking it was a perfect excuse of getting away. Your friend embraces you and you go off together to your next class, where you would be safe from him.

Lunch time was another struggle, you usually sat with him, and when you didn't you'd at least say hello, but not today. Would that give it away? You weren't sure, but if you saw him it'd be worse. So off you go out of the area you usually eat at and find a new spot. As time passes slowly you see your friend come around, she sits down and joins you.
"Hey Y/N." She smiles.
"Hey!" You say.
"Can I eat with you?" She asks. You nod your head yes.
"Sure."
"Thanks! Why are you here today?" She questions. You try to come up with something.
"Just for a change of scenery. I have a headache, it's too loud everywhere else." You say. She opens her lunch and nods, then says, "Oh I see. Where's Scaramouche?" You freeze. Scaramouche.... The name sat in your thoughts unpleasantly, it was a name you've been avoiding today. You didn't want to think it, for fear that maybe there were mind readers in your school, or worse, that he was a mind reader. You didn't want to think it because it made you aware that you were indeed thinking about him. Leaving him no named in your brain tricked you into feeling like maybe you weren't actually thinking about him but somebody else. What do I... what do I.... what can... what should I... what do I say?? Your mind scrambled for something. Anything.
"Oh uh, he's kinda busy today." You say. Liar. Your mind hisses. You feel bad for the lies you're going to be spewing a lot more.
"Oh with what?" She asks. You feel your cheeks heat up at the questions.
"I think he had some club duties or something." You say in a nonchalant manner, as if you didn't care.
"Oh, the student council seems quite busy, huh?" She says. You just nod in agreement.

Later at home you drop your bag by your bed, and just silently fall into the mattress, letting out a groan from the day. Scaramouche... You frown at the thought. Could he tell? Was it obvious? You wondered if he'd notice, or if he'd even care. He probably wouldn't... It's the mental game you play to expect the worst from somebody, because you know that they are very capable of doing something like that. Protect your heart the way it wasn't protected before...
"Can you just leave me alone?!" Your heart was unguarded. Don't let it happen again. That's what you did. He probably wouldn't care... You think to yourself.

You woke up for the new school day, and found that today was the day on your schedule that you didn't have economics. You celebrated to yourself and went on your way. Now, if today could be ideal I won't see him at all. You thought to yourself. You knew where his locker was, it was in the hall next to yours, so you wouldn't necessarily see him. As you open it up gathering your stuff you see one of his "friends" walk by. Seeing the boy gives you flashbacks to three days ago, when it happened... you try to forget and go to class, sitting there silently because none of your friends were in yet. That thought.... go away. You think to yourself, and close your eyes. Go away. It lingers around, trying to come back. Go away! Desperately you want to think of something else, you don't want to care. You don't care. Think of something else... come on! Like... like... But the thought is begging to be replayed in your mind, and you let your head fall into your arms on the desk, with closed eyes, as if you were sleepy. In reality you didn't want anyone to see your face that dared to become red and teary.