Dancing, Zhongli

Character x Zhongli

Evening came around as it so often does, and the moonlight and night noises hummed around your building. You had already eaten, and Zhongli had disappeared momentarily. You were getting sleepy, so you headed to your bedroom, but before your fingers can rest on the door and push it open you felt two fingers tap on your wrist. You turn around to see Zhongli, looking at you with a content expression.
"Y/N, are you resting for the night now?" He asks. You nod your head yes and say, "Yeah, I'm feeling a bit tired." You rub your face a bit. He nods but then says, "I have a little request." You wonder what he means.
"I turned the stereo up a bit and heard a lovely song I haven't heard in a long time. I was wondering if you'd like to dance with me?" He asks. Your face warms and you smile before nodding your head yes. He smiles and offers his arm for you, you taking it. He leads you to the living room, and turns up the station volume. It's an old song you've heard in traditional get togethers rarely. He bows to you and you bow as well, then you two begin to dance together.
You might be embarrassed for the moment, but when you look at him your insecurities fade away. He has a gleam in his eyes that just by looking at them he's spread his joy on to you.
In the dim yellow light of your house, you dance and sway, the night sky shining down on your bodies and all the world around them. He gently guides you and moves in a synchronized step with purpose and ease and care. As you two dance that elegant dance, you couldn't have been more at peace and grateful for Zhongli's sacrifice to be human with you.

A.N. 315 words. <3