Practise = Problems

"Morning Wood."

My gaze looked up from the courtyard floor, my eyes meeting those of the Gryffindor team as they stood opposite, wearing their red and gold quidditch uniform.

"Morning Flint. I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today." Oliver Wood, the team Captain for Gryffindor spoke simply, confused by our presence. Marcus sighed, his hand outstretched a note to his rival, "Easy Wood, we've got a note from Snape."

He took the parchment and began to read aloud, "Slytherin have to use the pitch today so that they can train their new Seeker and Keeper." He looked up to face Flint once more. "Who are your new team members, Flint?" He queried, the rest of our teammates pushing Draco and I forth so that the opposing team could see us.

Harry's eyes widened as they met mine, and I sent him a small but reassuring smile, but his gaze soon averted onto, "Malfoy?"

Draco smirked smugly, "Yeah, that's right. And that's not all that's new this year." He exposed his Nimbus 2001 to the team as Ron Weasley gasped in disbelief. "The Nimbus 2001. Where did you get it?" 

Marcus shrugged, "A gift from Draco's father." 

Hermione stepped forth, a little angry by Draco's showing off, "At least no-one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in - they got in out of pure talent!" Her proclamation was true, I hadn't realised that Draco had practically bribed the team in order for them to let him play - not a good move.

Draco's eyes narrowed as he stepped forth and closed the gap between himself and Hermione, "No-one asked for your opinion, you filthy, little Mudblood!" 

My eyes widened at his statement, now knowing the true meaning of it. "Draco, don't say that!" I scolded him, watching as Ron stepped forth and pointed his broken wand towards us.

"You'll pay for that, Malfoy! Eat Slugs!" He incanted, before being thrown back across the courtyard and landing on the floor with a loud thud. I gasped, watching the crowds of Gryffindors run over to him and help him up from the floor. He sat up, his face green as though he was about to be sick. Instead of bringing up vomit, however, he threw up slugs.

Slytherin began to laugh as Ron's friends carried him away, but I wasn't impressed with Draco's comment at all. "Oh, come on! That was funny!" Draco chuckled, his eyes meeting my angry ones. I shook my head in disappointment, "Not to me, it wasn't."

We made our way to the pitch, and practise went swimmingly. I managed to save numerous goals, only instilling the rest of the Team's faith in me being a successful keeper. By the time we were finished, it was getting dark and almost dinner time. I had hardly noticed that we had missed lunch at all. I had a big breakfast anyway, so it hardly mattered. 

I made sure, however, to make my way straight over to the Gryffindor table and take a seat beside my brother, much to Draco's dismay.

"How's Ron doing?" I sighed, watching my brother as he picked at his food. "He's ok. Hagrid managed to sort him out."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "Then, what's wrong?"

He sighed, his green eyes finally meeting mine, "You know, you could have told me that you was going to be Slytherin's new seeker. I'm not sure how I feel about going up against my own sister."

I shook my head, "I'm not a Seeker, Harry. I'm a Keeper." His eyes widened a little at my statement as he let out a small chuckle, "I suppose that isn't too bad, then." 

I returned his laugh, shaking my head dismissively, "I don't think there's anything wrong with a bit of sibling rivalry, anyway. Is Hermione okay? I'm so sorry Harry, I didn't know what that word meant." I apologised. He shrugged the matter away, "It's ok. I didn't know what it meant until today. Did you know that mum was Muggleborn?" He questioned, to which I shook my head. 

"I didn't know anything about her until I came here. I didn't even know her name. My childhood was pretty much foster parents and orphanages." I sighed, Harry's expression filled with shock as his mouth opened wide, "I-I didn't know. I just assumed we had some other family that you lived with."

I bit my lip nervously, "Nope. Only ever been on my own. Professor Snape told me that you live with your Aunt and Uncle. What are they like? Do you think they'll let me come and live with you?" 

Harry laughed almost hysterically, "No! And believe me, you don't want to. They're awful! I lived in a cupboard until I was eleven when I got my Hogwarts letter. Now, I have my cousin's spare bedroom to sleep in."

I furrowed my eyebrows, confused by his statement, "But I'm only ten?"

Harry pouted, "Normally first years are 11. Maybe the school thought you was ready to start early?" He suggested, but I shook my head. making a mental note that I would need to ask a Professor about it later. I gave my brother a quick hug, before heading back over to the Slytherin table and beginning to grab myself some dinner. 

"You did well today, Potter." I looked up from my plate to find Marcus Flint and his posse standing before me. I swallowed the piece of chicken I had been eating, "Thank you." 

"But if you want to be a part of the team, it might be best if you stop hanging around with Gryffindors...Especially your brother." He smirked smugly.

My mouth was agape in slight astonishment, "B-But why?"

One of his followers stepped forth, laughing at my statement, "Because Slytherins don't hang out with Gryffindors, and that's that."

They left me at the table, completely dumbfounded by their demands. After dinner, I would go to Dumbledore and ask him the questions plaguing my mind - why was I sorted into such an ignorant and obnoxious house? And why was I enrolled into Hogwarts a year too early?