Quiet.

Faded voices jogged my final memory before I slipped away, my head too sore for my eyes to open just yet. Just a moment more, I thought. But such luxuries I could not afford, as I did not wish to worry the people watching over me any longer. It was light; I knew this before allowing my eyes to flutter open, the world around me familiar as I found myself in the comforts of the school hospital wing. Flowers were the first sight I laid eyes upon; dozens of them decorating the night stand beside my bed.

The voices were a little clearer now. Low and calmer than anticipated as I found the persons they belonged to; Severus Snape and Albus Dumbledore. However, Dumbledore noticed my conscious state before anymore words were exchanged, his blue eyes sparkling momentarily as a small smile made its way across his lips, "Miss Potter."

Severus' worried gaze turned to that of sheer relief as he fled from the side of the Headmaster and rushed to my side, kneeling next to me and taking my hand in his. "Severus." I breathed, tears streaming down my cheeks. His lip quivered, as it had before as I could see the tears dancing in his ebony eyes, "Emerald. How are you feeling?" His free hand reached to brush a stray piece of hair from my forehead.

My brows furrowed as I surveyed the wing for any other students, thankfully empty. "Was anyone hurt? I didn't mean to do it, I promise." I sobbed, my chest sinking at the thought of the night's previous occurrences. "No, Miss Potter." Dumbledore stepped forth, placing his hands together as he walked a little closer to the bed, "The counter-curse for Fiendfyre is rather simple, thankfully."

My eyes widened at his statement, dread returning as I found myself fumbling to find my words. Snape's gaze averted from my own, sadly eyeing the floor. "F-Fiendfyre? But that's-"

"-Dark Magic. Indeed." Dumbledore sighed, rather regrettably.

"But, we know that it was not intentional, on your part, Miss Potter." The Headmaster's words did not alleviate my discomfort and self-disgust at the thought. My body began to tremble uncontrollably as the tears continued streaming down my cheeks.

"Did-Did you take them away?" I stuttered, my voice cracking at the thought. Severus remained silent, his gaze remaining fixated on that spot on the ground as I could see him fighting to contain his emotions. Another sigh emitted from Dumbledore as his lips pursed, "I'm afraid, my dear, that it was not necessary. The Fiendfyre curse was the last spell you casted. Since then, your magical abilities appear to have ceased."

"Emerald?" My teary eyes made out a face that had momentarily entered the hospital wing; having no time to digest Dumbledore's words I found someone making their way towards me. "Remus." I gasped, ignoring Severus' protests as I ran from my hospital bed and flung myself into his arms. I just managed to reach him in time for my legs to give way and my head to reel at the sudden movement.

"Thank goodness you're alright." He breathed into the top of my head, hardly noticing my momentary lapse as I managed to stabilise myself.

"Alright?" Snape's voice spat from behind me, laced with venom as Remus' grip around me loosened, allowing me to turn and face the man in black. "It may have slipped your mind, Lupin, that Emerald is most certainly not alright; her magical abilities have quite literally evaporated into thin air overnight-"

"-Severus," Dumbledore spoke with a warning tone, bringing the Potion Master's anger-fuelled rant to a sharp halt. His gaze softened, sparkling blue eyes now averting onto me. "Miss Potter, what thoughts did Professor Moody decide to share with you, last night." Last night. I found myself thankful that only a small amount of time had passed. But that memory. It was a nightmare I did not wish to revisit.

"It wasn't a thought." I sighed, shaking my head as Remus began to walk me back over to the bed, allowing me to take a seat and steady my mind. Snape sent a sharp glare his way, which I had no option but pretend I had not noticed. "It was a memory. But I wasn't an onlooker..." I paused, trying to fathom what I was about to say. "I was him. M-Moody, I mean." I corrected, eyeing the evident concern in each of the adult's eyes.