Lupin

Snape left shortly after our conversation, having to return to his home in Spinner's End to collect some additional potions utensils for the new year. He also gave me a herbal remedy for my headaches-the first dose worked, to an extent. Harry and I then had to head to Diagon Alley quickly, grabbing some books that we would need for both our third year core and elective classes. Harry had told me he opted for Care for Magical Creatures and Divination.

Knowing enough about the Muggle World already, I opted for the remaining, three elective subjects; Divination, Study of Ancient Runes and Care for Magical Creatures; looks like we would be in a lot of the same classes, not that it bothered either of us.

It was wonderful meeting Ron's mum and dad, along with his older brother and Head Boy, Percy. I found it so strange that a family could be so close, and yet every single member was so different from one another. I suppose, it couldn't be too out of the ordinary, considering how different Harry and I were in both looks and personality.

Mrs Weasley, like McGonagall, fussed over Harry and I more than her own children. Harry had informed me that Ron's dad had pulled him aside to also discuss Sirius Black; Harry knew that the escapee was out for blood. And we had both decided that maybe it would truly be for the best if we kept this year as low-profile as possible. I had never been very good at 'blending in' with the world around me; but I suppose, we would have to try...

I dressed for the dismal, rainy day; surprising for August. And we made our way towards King's Cross Station with the rest of the Weasley clan. I could have been mistaken for one of them, now feeling so much more comfortable in my own skin and natural, fiery locks. Harry and Ron were both a little hesitant at the thought of passing the barrier to Platform 9 and 3/4, due to an incident that had occurred the year prior. Said incident also being due to the house elf, Dobby, that had defended my brother from Malfoy Sr.'s attack at the end of last year. So the three of us ran through together, appearing through the other side only moments later.

A small sigh of relief emitted from each of us, due to our successful breakthrough and we said our goodbye's to Mr and Mrs Weasley. Ginny was a little saddened, but I took her arm in my own as we boarded, reassuring her that everything would be alright. "Will we still be friends, even if we're not in the same classes?" She questioned, causing me to sigh out of disbelief and pull her into a bone-crushing hug, "Of course we will, Ginny!"

She smiled, happy with her answer as she made her way towards the other, second-year Gryffindor students as they found a compartment further up train. 

"Emerald Potter!" I gasped at the sound of my voice, turning quickly to face none other than, "Draco Malfoy!" I curtsied, making my way towards him on the train. Malfoy had grown nearly a foot, now being much taller than myself compared to last year. He had matured, that was evident. And he looked almost handsome, for a brief moment.

We still had a few minutes before departure, and the other students flocked around us down the windy halls. He pulled me into a brief hug, before I hit him playfully on the shoulder, "You told me you'd write this summer!" I spoke with false disdain.

He chuckled, shrugging shyly, "My father kept my owl locked away over the summer because I set my mum's curtains on fire." His gaze averted to the floor, causing me to giggle and shake my head, "Why?"

Draco's blue eyes found my green ones, and he looked saddened for a moment "B-Because my dad called you a Half-Breed." I gulped at his statement, but still appreciated his honesty. "Ah...Well then, I suppose, that makes your dad an ass." I pouted, which caused his look of sadness to be replaced with laughter. He nodded, holding his stomach, "I guess it does. Are you coming to our compartment?" He motioned further up the train, where Crabbe, Goyle and Pansy stood waiting for him.