Gryffindor Vs Hufflepuff

On the day of the Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff match, the weather was terrible; torrential rain, being the understatement of the century. I dressed and tied my hair away from my face, before grabbing a raincoat and water-proof boots and making my way to breakfast. Draco was apologetic at the table, but we dismissed his notion. Although, we were a little peeved if Harry's statement that he was coaxing the Hippogriff was the true reason for the attack. Either way, the Slytherins were quiet that morning.

We made our way to the Quidditch field, and I was able to wish Gryffindor 'good luck' quickly before the match started. The downpour worsened, making it quite difficult to see the match from Slytherin's stands. I could only imagine how difficult it would be to play in such bad weather! Most game days were lucky ones, in terms of weather.

Harry and Cedric Diggory were practically going round in circles for the first thirty minutes of the game. No amount of cheering would help them to find the golden snitch, as it was completely impossible to decipher amidst the downpour. Hufflepuff were playing, surprisingly, well. Each side having managed to score a few goals for the duration of the match. It was starting to look quite promising for Gryffindor; all they needed was for Harry to catch the snitch. Funnily enough, I was the only Slytherin cheering on our rival team; the rest of them either being silent or cheering on Hufflepuff. Many funny glances were headed my way.

"Hey Em, how are they doing?" I glanced beside me confusedly, laying eyes on none other than Draco Malfoy. Why did he suddenly care how Gryffindor were getting on with the game? I tried to take a little look into his mind, only it was blocked momentarily. Not to mention, I had taken some of Snape's potion in the morning, which did have some effect on my ability to use legilimency.

I huffed, "Alright, I think. Hufflepuff are playing well today. We just need Harry to catch the snitch."

He nodded, as we both averted our gaze back to the Quidditch pitch. Only the two seekers had disappeared completely. Shuffling through the crowd, I made my way to the balcony, trying to gain a better view of the field. "Where have they gone?" Draco appeared at my side. I shook my head, looking back up towards the sky. "They disappeared into the clouds. They went after the snitch." Pansy Parkinson answered for us both, the rest of the house following our line of sight.

After a few minutes of waiting, a figure came flying towards the floor; Cedric Diggory. Worry filled my entire body as I searched the skies for my brother. From the way Hufflepuff's captain was flying, he appeared very disoriented and all over the pitch, almost knocking into the other players. 

A sudden rush of cold filled my entire body, to the point where I felt as though I could no longer move in my place. The rain pouring down turned to sleet....And then the purest, white snow filled the skies...Silence filled the pitch.

"MERLIN'S!" The students let out wails and gasps in disbelief as a body penetrated the cloud lines and hurdled towards the floor. A limp, unconscious figure with no broom and no means of stopping themselves from extreme injury upon impacting the hard floor.

"HARRY!" I cried out, my eyes wide in sheer shock and horror. As he hurdled inches from the floor and death, an intangible force prevented his body from colliding with the surface; a spell, cast by Professor Dumbledore. My brother hovered above the ground a few feet for a moment, before laying down softly onto the grass.

I flung myself from the stands, my knees buckled as I fell beside his body. He was breathing, trembling as though he was having a fit. It reminded me of how Ron described him when the Dementors attacked us on the train. Glancing back towards the skies, I watched as countless, hooded creatures sauntered closer to the Quidditch pitch. 

"Cedric Diggory caught the snitch! Hufflepuff win." The announcement drowned out in the distance as every Professor in the school joined my side. Madam Pomfrey was the first to speak, using a spell to lift him to the hospital wing. I, however, could not prevent the floods of tears from streaming down my cheeks. Nobody noticed, for they were too focused on Dumbledore casting a Patronus to keep the Dementors at bay. 

Our Headmaster was a calm, wise old man; I had only ever heard him raise his voice once; on the morning of our defeat of the Basilisk. However, on the day of the Hufflepuff vs Gryffindor match...The man was furious.

"Come on, Potter. Let's go back to my office." I turned in the direction of the figure that had grabbed my arm, my eyes finding those of Professor Lupin's. I shook my head, "No, I need to stay with Harry-"

"-Madam Pomfrey is taking care of him. Right now, you need to come with me." He instructed, still holding my arm tight. Suddenly, I felt very weak; caving to my Professor's commands. "Come." He pressed finally, causing me to nod as he escorted me back to his office in the DADA classroom. 

Lupin helped take off my coat, drying us both using a simple charm. "You look like you could do with this, my dear." The man sighed, presenting me with a small shard of chocolate. My lips pursed, I accepted and took a bit, sitting opposite his desk. "Thanks."

"Don't mention it. Chocolate is the best medicine for any ailment, I find." He shrugged, causing me to scoff. "Except lycanthropy, unfortunately." I tried to joke with him, causing his eyebrows to furrow. "I heard Professor Snape taught you about my kind, in my absence..." He trailed away, looking a little sadly towards the floor.

I nodded, "Yes, it was very insightful. I'd like to think I could find a cure for it one day. It must be hell-what you go through every month..."

The man was silent. "I'm sorry." I spoke, but he shook his head dismissively. "Nothing to apologise for, my dear. I've had the disease since I was very young. My father tried to persecute a werewolf; Fenrir Greyback...He thought werewolves were monsters. I suppose, the man only thought it would be fitting for his son to become one." Lupin tried to force a smile, but there was a sense of sadness to it.

"But the wolfsbane helps, doesn't it?" I asked, to which he nodded enthusiastically. "Oh, yes! It helps a great deal. But it has its side-effects." I hummed in agreement with his statement. "If I become an Alchemist, I might be able to find something better for you."

Remus chuckled, holding his chin in deliberation and shaking his head. "An Alchemist!? You'd have your father turning in his grave. He always wanted Harry to become a professional Quidditch Player and for you to become an Auror."

My stomach fluttered uncontrollably. "My father wanted me to become an Auror? That was my second choice." I smiled, which the Professor returned. 

"They were hoping for a little girl, you know. Your father desperately wanted Harry to be a girl. But, I think it's nice to have a big brother; I was an only child."

I nodded, "Well, I didn't even know I had a big brother. I lived in an orphanage until I came to Hogwarts." Huffing, I pouted my lips. The Professor, however, came to a dead halt in the centre of the room. As his body slowly turned to face mine, his eyes were ablaze in fury and disbelief; as though he could have exploded at any given moment. He tensed to the point of trembling, and I was fearful at that moment, that he could have transformed into a werewolf regardless of a full moon.

"HE SENT YOU TO AN ORPHANAGE!?"