A Less Lonely World

So...

It's really important to me that you guys read this Author's Note.

Dark magic is a story I have published on both Quotev and Whattpad and I have noticed some people have raised concerns surrounding the relationship between Emerald Potter and Severus Snape, so I'd just like to clarify a few things (not a rant, I promise! I genuinely want to clear some things up for you guys that have questions is all). Their slightly dysfunctional relationship is NOTHING romantic, I promise! I know when I first started writing this story in 2021, I made a poll on Quotev asking for your opinions as to what Characters you would like to see Emerald end up with in the series. Severus was an option. But I promise you, at the time, I was debating between two possible endings for Dark Magic, one of which, believe it or not, would have made such an outcome potentially possible. I will happily explain this when we get to the ending of Dark Magic that I currently have planned, but I don't want to spoil anything for you lovely readers just yet.

I have now added to the description which canon character Emerald is going to form a bond with, if it is not obvious already. But for those of you who want to avoid spoilers, please avoid re-reading my blurb.

I cannot apologise enough for being MIA lately. I started a new job at the start of this year and it has been hectic ever since! I've found a great passion in my new role and, unfortunately, Dark Magic has gotten a little lost on the midst of it all. I'm hoping to rectify this and try to update more often but please bear with me.

Thank you all so much for your patience, understanding and continued support. I hope to see you stick around until the end :)

Keep reading guys!

Rebecca xo

As I recited the events of the past year, Draco's gaze sunk to the floor; his thoughts impenetrable as I fought and fumbled my way through. Everything I had said to Harry, I told him with the hope he wouldn't shun me in the same way my brother had. Because I needed someone to listen and try to understand why I did what I did. And I desperately hoped he would, more than anyone.

"You died?" The crack in Draco's voice made my heart sink, his gaze fixed on the rug beneath his feet, worlds away.

Blinking away my own tears, I nodded, "Yes."

At my response, Draco's eyes lifted from the floor and finally met my own; broken as the tears welled within them. "Can I hug you?"

I nodded, the moment he enveloped me in his arms I felt what remaining walls I held from him crumble. Sobbing, I allowed him to hold me until the fire dimmed and sleep overtook. Surprisingly, I awoke in Draco's arms on the sofa. The rustle of students exiting the dormitories our alarm clock. My eyes felt swollen and dry, the last of my tears spent. The only light in the room was the reflection of the morning sun shining through the black lake, casting green shimmers across the common room. It seemed, the moment my eyes opened, so did Draco's, dark circles surrounding them. Though I had gotten hardly any sleep, I feared the boy holding me had even less.

"Are you okay?" He asked, doubtful I would answer truthfully. But I did, "I think so." My voice was rasped, my throat dry, neck aching from the way we had slept as I sat up just in time for the first student to emit from the dorms. I knew we looked a dishevelled mess and it would be obvious to anyone with half a brain that we had slept in the common room all night. Fortunate for us, the student was a first year and wouldn't ask any questions, passing us and making their way to the Great Hall.

"We should get some breakfast."

I pursed my lips, which came across as a small smile and nodded. Unfortunately, us turning up to breakfast on a Sunday in the same clothes as the day prior would arouse suspicion, but we hardly cared and made our way to the Great Hall hand in hand.