"Breathe."

Swiftly after Harry, Severus and the guard's arrival, all the children were required to go upstairs whilst the adult's discussed important matters. But I didn't mind so much, as it gave me a chance to catch up with my brother, who I hadn't seen in over a month. Turns out, Ron and Hermione were asked by Dumbledore to keep their distance from Harry, therefore he hadn't heard hardly a word from any of us. Alone in his grief, I found myself being able to sympathise with him. However, isolation was what I needed. Evidently, Harry grieved in a different way...

"So, Sis, how have you been?" The trio's eyes averted onto me as the momentary urge to sink into the armchair overwhelmed me. Lying was always easier, I told myself. I wasn't sure I was quite ready to tell them everything. Not just yet.

"Not bad, I suppose. Living with Severus does have its perks." I shrugged, but Ron scoffed in retort, "I couldn't imagine ever living with a teacher. Especially Snape, of all people."

"He's not that bad," I defended, the trio eyeing me as though I suddenly grew a third head.

"I don't even know how Dumbledore can let you live with him. After everything he's done." Harry spoke bitterly.

"You don't know him like I do-"

"-He used to be a Deatheater, Em. We can't trust him."

With my brother's words, my world suddenly came crashing down. It felt as though my lungs had caved against my heart and squeezed it to the point of bursting. Like a sudden cold wave had washed over me that caused goose pimples to raise every hair on my body. Like Voldemort was breathing down the back of my neck, reminding me that I, too, could never be trusted in my brother's eyes, were he to ever discover the truth.

"You didn't know." Hermione breathed, trying to justify whatever expression my face was unwillingly pulling in that moment. But the air was gone from my lungs, and I could no longer breathe nor speak to argue her words. I forced my weakened legs to lift my body from the bed, shaking my head in dispute to her statement as I managed a short breath and backed away from them, "No I j-just need...a moment." I quickly exited the room and tried to find a similarly empty room anywhere I possibly could, knowing the only one with a locked door would not host any inhabitant. My hand hovered over the handle, "Alohamora." Without a wand, it unlocked, and I ran inside for a moment's salvation.

Exactly what I needed; dark and quiet, for the most part. The ability to breathe slowly found its way back to me as I tried to convince myself Harry's words were only subjective to a man he hardly knew. That they would not extend to me, were I to tell him the truth. He would have to forgive me. For I was not sure what I would do if he couldn't. The possibility of losing my last living relative...I could hardly bear the thought. Unfortunately, there were far worse possibilities at stake that I hadn't even thought to comprehend. As I would soon discover as a small scuffle emitted from a corner in the room, causing my entire body to flinch.

A rat, I hoped. Standing from the foetal position I found myself curled into and reaching for a light switch.

***

3rd Person P.O.V

A blood-curdling shriek filled number 12 Grimmauld Place, startling every inhabitant situated within its walls. Severus Snape was the first to flee the kitchen, where the Order meeting was taking place. It took less than a millisecond for Emerald's Godfather and Sirius Black to follow the Potion's Master, thus following the screams they had all heard at least once before.

By the time they made it into the small office that once belonged to Orion Black, the Boggart stood before Emerald Potter had taken many a form. Every person she cared about laid lifeless on the floor; first Draco Malfoy, then Sirius Black...Followed by Remus, Harry and...finally...what made all the blood drain from her face and made her want to collapse on the ground in terror...Severus Snape. Motionless. Dead.