Chapter 6: Frustration

The Bakusquad and Izuku had a great time with their unplanned hang out. Izuku was deemed the precious bean who should always be treasured, resulting into the whole squad swearing to protect him at all cost. It made the greenette giggle and Katsuki felt a pang in his chest that he’s never felt before.

After talking and getting to know the friend group, Izuku felt happy and less worried about them making fun of him. They made him feel like he didn't have to be ashamed or embarrassed by his stuttering or his other unfortunate insecurities. He genuinely felt safe and secure.

He didn't know anyone could make him feel like this until he met Katsuki. They've only met roughly about a day ago and he already trusts. The blonde hasn’t given him a reason not to and neither has his friends.

As of right now, everyone were back to the Midoriya place and were bidding their goodbyes before leaving. Inko was currently working on dinner while listening to Izuku and his new friends' conversation.

She wasn't doing anything suspicious, but she might have been eavesdropping. Just a little. Inko isn’t trying to invade his privacy. It’s just that.. it's been so long since she last saw her beloved son talk so much and have someone he felt comfortable. It warmed her heart to see her son come out of his shell.

"Okay then, Izubro! We'll take our leave!" Eijirou said with his sharky grin

"We should definitely hangout again sometime. It was fun!" Mina declared which earned a chorus of yes's from the others as they stood up from the couch they had all been sitting on

As Izuku merely nodded in approval with a slight smile on his face and maybe a small blush. He really, really wanted to tell them how much he loved hanging out with them. He happy he felt and how he wishes that this would become a regular thing, but his words were stuck. Just like the day he met Mitsuki.

He so hated himself whenever this happens. It's really embarrassing and he couldn't help, but to internally panic. His mother felt a little worried as their voices calmed down, she was worried if something has happened so she quickly left the kitchen wiping her hands on her apron.

“S- sorry.”  Izuku felt embarrassed and extremely frustrated so he headed towards him room

Angry tears rolled down his face as he stormed off, leaving the others with confused and worried looks. Katsuki noticed Izuku’s behavior and frowned, he wanted to go after ,him but was feeling a bit hesitant. Nonetheless, he stepped forward only to be stopped by Inko.

"It's okay, honey. He gets a little frustrated when he wants to say something, but has trouble finding the right words. It’s not anything any of did." They all understood the situation and nodded

They were relieved when Inko told them that it's normal and that didn’t upset Izuku somehow. They promised that they would try to come and meet him tomorrow then talk to him then they left after saying bye to Katsuki and Inko.

The ash blonde wasn't quite convinced though, he still had a frown firmly on his face as silently he glanced down the hall where Izuku went. It was one thing to see the shorter looking nervous and shy, but it was another to see him be so frustrated with himself that he’s crying. It hurt Katsuki that he didn’t know how to help.

Inko gave a sympathetic looked to the blonde.
"Don’t beat yourself up katsuki. It's alright. He will come around eventually, just give it time.” She patted him on the shoulder

Katsuki was still not budging from his position. Everyone else had gone home already, so it was just him and Inko in the living room. He couldn’t hear it but the blonde is sure Izuku is probably crying his eyes out in his room.