Chapter 49: Progress

It's official, Katsuki and Izuku were both riding on cloud nine. Katsuki skipped eating dinner that night, he was too fucking blissful, really. It's not a normal occurrence but he's just speechless, it's not a great time to talk to him because all he's got in his mind is the moment that Izuku stole a kiss on his cheek, on loop, repeatedly, no end, he ain't going to get tired of it, ever. He was too happy, maybe far too happy, but he's not going go give any shits about it.

"Fuck." The blonde muttered as he blushed, remembering it again so he covered his eyes with his arm

He couldn't help but think about it again and again. It was such a surprise, but not just that, it was Izuku who did it himself without anyone influencing him or forcing him. No way in hell would Katsuki make him do something he ain't comfortable with but the greenette did it and now the blonde is just basking in all of it. It's going to cling onto him for life, most likely.

Izuku in the other hand, wasn't doing any better either, well not doing worse perhaps because they're both almost like people who are first experiencing puppy love. It's very silly but he just kissed Katsuki's cheek suddenly! It may have been a little too early to do that but he really wanted to do it, he really enjoyed the small picnic date that they had. Katsuki did a lot, prepared all those delicious food for them to eat and enjoy while they sat together and he feels happy and thankful that he could be together with the person that he likes so much. He's so embarrassed though, it would stay like that for a while, that's for sure.

As he was laying on his bed, trying to calm himself down from what he had just done earlier, his phone dinged indicating that he had just received a message. He lifted his head up curiously before he grabbed his phone to see if who had messaged him. He hasn't even opened the message yet but he saw the notification and he hasn't even calmed down yet but he saw Katsuki's message! Kacchan messaged him after that! He didn't expect him to but he's definitely not complaining about it! Just surprised, embarrassed! After kind of hyperventilating, he picked up his phone again to actually see what the blonde messaged him about.

Kacchan: Hey Izuku, I really had fun today. Fuckin' happy that you enjoyed it even though it wasn't all the best but I'mma do my best for our second date.

The greenette read it as he smiled while he did. He definitely didn't mention anything about the cheek kiss though, not really a big deal more like he was he's kind of relieved but he couldn't be feeling like that for too long because he saw Katsuki typing so he waited not too long until he received another one.

Kacchan: Thanks for the cheek kiss, I liked it.

And oh well, in record time, Izuku's face was as red as a very ripe strawberry. He didn't want the blonde to wait longer for his reply though so he typed, contemplated on what he wanted to actually say but he managed after a few minutes of typing and deleting and doing it over and over again.

Greenie: I really did enjoy, Kacchan! I can't thank you enough for all of the good food and how nice you were to me! 💚 I can't wait for the second date 😊

And please don't mention the kiss, I feel so embarrassed!! (⁠ ⁠≧⁠Д⁠≦)
I also liked it though ⁄⁠(⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠-⁠⁄⁠•⁠⁄⁠ ⁠⁄⁠)⁠⁄

It was a cutesy way of replying to Katsuki but he couldn't help it, it was the best way to convey how he felt. The blonde on the other end of the phone was smiling as he read the message in Izuku's adorable voice.

They definitely messaged for a bit more, both skipping on dinner for more time to spend with each other, just talking and moving on to talking about other various topics. It never got boring and it was so much fun. Soon though, unfortunately, they had to both stop for now and call it a night because it was actually getting late. They didn't want to but they had to.

Kacchan: We'll talk again tomorrow, aight? You can always message me whenever you wanna. We better get some sleep now, especially you Greenie, you have classes.

Greenie: Aww, okay Kacchan ಥ⁠╭⁠╮⁠ಥ but are you sure I can do that? I don't wanna be a bother especially when you're busy. And I know, I know! I'll get enough sleep, don't worry, you need to get some sleep too!

Kacchan: I'm more than sure, Zuku so don't worry 'bout it. You ain't a bother, never would be so you're good. I know that already, Greenie, don't gotta remind me, I am gonna sleep, you too.

Greenie: Alright then, I'll talk to you soon Kacchan! Goodnight 😊 sweet dreams! 💚

Kacchan: Thanks Izuku, you too, goodnight 🧡

Their conversation ended their and both had fond smiles on their faces, both happy and content, satisfied with what they had going on despite talking for long hours and skipping the last meal for the day. They were pretty full though, literally and romantically.

They slept good with just as great dreams that may have included each other but no one needed to know that. They were each so glad that they embraced their feelings for each other, that they can spend time together, go on a date, soon will be dates, even though they are definitely contemplating when they're going to confess but even so, they know they like one another despite the fact that the other likes them back. It was enough for now though, the progress was more important, that they are going great. It may be slow, but it was better than going fast and unsure. Slow and steady wins the race, and all they want is to win each other's hearts.