Chapter 9: Worry

"That's so mean! How did he have the heart to do something so horrible to someone as cute as Midoriya? Huh? Oh, I definitely agree.  He’s definitely a psycho, his smirk is honestly so evil." Ochako stated, furious

Izuku had quickly made friends with his new school. Right now, he was with Shouto, Ochako, Tenya and Tsuyu or Tsu, since she insisted on Izuku calling her by a nickname like the others already did. He has also gathered some information about them, he concluded that Tsuyu was very sweet and that her favorite animal is a tree frog. Izuku also found out that Tenya and Ochako are dating. Then lastly, Shouto apparently likes Hanta which is one of Katsuki’s friends. Small world.

They were walking towards the bus stop after school was over and since they agreed to go there together. The greenette was telling them about his life before he and his mother moved into their new place. The group quickly felt comfortable with each other, since they were already classmates before, they were glad to have someone new.

He thought he could trust them so he told him about his bullies before, why he kept stuttering and other stuff. Luckily, everyone was supportive and really understanding, they were so like Katsuki's friend group or Bakusquad as they call it because they promised to protect him from all harm.

Shouto somehow found Izuku quite interesting. The boy was friendly and kind, despite his stuttering he was full of determination. He might start making friends? Maybe?

Ochako and Tenya have to take the same bus together since they live in the same neighborhood, as well as Tsuyu, but she has to get off at a different place.

Shouto has said that he was going to take the same bus as Izuku's although his stop was much further away from the greenette's. They were all chatting about stuff, they got a little bit carried away so the three had missed their first bus.

A loud horn interrupted their conversation startling them.

"Woo- hoo! Heyo! Izubro, there you are! We thought you left already, thank god, man!" Denki shouted from black car that pulled up, he was standing through the sun roof

The car looked expensive and it stopped beside the group which baffled Izuku. Who's car was this? Well, he got the answer when the windows rolled down and Katsuki was on the driver side.

"Wh- what a- are y- yo- you a- all do- doing he-here? Kacchan, di- didn't y- you ha-have wo- work to- today?" Izuku asked

The Bakusquad looked towards the ash blonde when they heard the nickname and matching goofy smiles made way on their faces while Katsuki had his semi permanent frown on.

"I did have work, just got off early. Your mother asked us to come pick you up. She told my hag said she would be working overtime or whatever." Katsuki said rolling his eyes

The group was acting like Izuku's butlers but, they may or may not actually be the smaller’s personal bodyguards. He felt really embarrassed! I mean, he has only met the Bakusquad once yet they were going this far. He’s even made new friends at his new school, who knew he'd be in this situation? The four from Bakusquad were trying their best to stifle their laughter as Izuku blushed.

"Gu- guys, st- stop lau- laughi- laughing." Izuku whined as he held his flushed cheeks

"Are they your bodyguards, Deku?" Ochako asked as Tenya analyzed them while Tsuyu curiously stared

Katsuki glanced towards the brunette. Izuku had mentioned to her what the blonde called him and well she thought it was funny and cute so she decided to call him the same thing.

"Wa- wait… wh- what?!? N- no! O- of cour- course no- not." The greenette quickly denied waving his hands frantically

Denki laughed lightly.
"Don't mind him and yes we are his bodyguards. Also his friends. We are looking for a group to protect him during school, do you think you guys could help?" He joked, but slightly made it believable with his straight face

"We can do that. Should we report to you then? Everyday?" The brunette replied with a grin and a roll of her brow eyes

"Yea, you should report to us everyday. You four can now officially join the Deku protection squad. Welcome to the party." Hanta replied, acting like a secretary all of a sudden

Izuku had his face resting on his palm. He was just too embarrassed on what was happening. Denki and Hanta just made it worse with their acting.

"Well then, Tenya reporting today, a fellow classmate tried to disturb Midoriya during class. Midoriya told us that he was an old bully of his. He also said they used to go to the same school." Tenya stated, not knowing that this conversation was mostly just a joke

"What?! We have to repost this to our boss." Hanta said, grabbing his phone and dialing someone

"You have a boss?" Shouto curiously asked

"Yeah, our boss would be Midoriya's mother. We all report to her." Eijirou answered

They waited a few minutes for the said woman to answer their call but unfortunately Inko didn't pick up. Izuku got a little worried, she always picked her calls, if not in an instant maybe after two to three rings so why not now? Fully knowing that she could take care of herself, Izuku would always worry about her.

Katsuki was frowning. Not that he was worried or anything, but as far as he knows Inko would always answer calls even if it's not about her son. Maybe she was busy or her phone was dead, there was no reason to worry, yet.

Eventually Izuku got into the fancy car and his new school friends left. The shorter was nervous the whole way home but the Bakusquad chatted with him so that made it a little easier. When they all reached the Midoriya household, Izuku had called his mother more than twenty times, but all ended up in voicemail and were ignored. Maybe she was in a meeting or maybe she was out and forgot to bring her phone. He didn't have the keys to their house because he insisted for his mother to keep them.

But we promised not to ignore each other's calls...

They waited at the door after they tried knocking, but no one answered the door. That meant Inko was out somewhere. Time passed by and the evening quickly rolled in, some of the squad had to go home before dark. They wanted to stay, but Izuku insisted for them to go home, not wanting to burden them any further than he already did.

Despite his pleas to make the other go home, Katsuki didn't leave. So rather than leaving the smaller in the dark without any certainty that he'll be able to go inside any time soon, the blonde took the greenette to their house. Before doing so, Izuku left a small note in front of their door for his mother to see later on.

As they walked home, Izuku broke the silent ambiance around them.
"I’m sc- scared Kacchan. Mom ne- never ig-ignor-ignores ca- calls, wh-what if sh-she i-is i-in so- some trou- trouble? Do- don't yo- you thi- think w- we shou- should re- report t- to the po-police o- or some- something?"

"Calm down Deku. Maybe she forgot her phone somewhere or lost it? We can't jump to conclusions without any evidence, you can stay in our guest room for the night." Katsuki replied, lowkey trying to calm the other down

"Then if she ain’t home by tomorrow morning, i’ll personally drive you to the police station. Don't worry." He added, while Izuku simply nodded as a reply and went to sleep in Katsuki's house, although not peacefully

He could only hope his mother is fine and nothing happened.