Chapter 45: Picnic! 1

Hey, like promised, chap 45! Enjoy 😊

———

The much awaited weekend came, both Katsuki and Izuku were very excited for it. The smaller really had to prepare what he wanted to wear because he wasn't the type to have much of a fashion sense, he's more of a comfort guy rather stylish but he didn't want to embarrass himself while he's going to be with Katsuki so he tried his best as much as he could. He chose something pretty simple for a nice, breezy day. A pastel green hoodie with a black coat on top of it along with dark colored jeans to pair with all of it then his red shoes as per usual to tie the look.

He thought he looked pretty decent and smiled at himself through the mirror as he got dressed and all ready for the date. He wondered what Katsuki prepared for today, he didn't say much and said it was a surprise. Whatever it was though, he's sure it'll be something great! Right now, he just needed to brush his bush, he meant his green hair.

When he had finished with that, he went out of his room then down the hallways until the genkan of their apartment, he put his shoes on like always then stood back up to bid goodbye to his mother and Toshinori who spent the night there.

"Bye honey, have fun!" Inko said, looking at him with a mug of coffee on her hands while smiling at her son

"Have a great day, we're sure it'll go well." Toshinori added, also smiling at the greenette since he had seen him so excited yet so nervous

"Th- thank y- you! I'll b- be ba- back l- later!" Izuku replied, sounding a little more confident as he smiled back

"Okay baby, you should head out now. Tell us how it goes." His mother nodded and Izuku nodded back before he waved then closed the door after stepping out

On Katsuki's end, he was just finishing up on the preparations since he's been working on it for literal hours in the kitchen. He wanted it to be perfect, needed it to be the very best because that's what Izuku deserves and he'll fucking give him that, nothing less, maybe more but he doesn't fucking care, just more more more. But god, he's so nervous, he might shit himself. It isn't a normal thing for him, but he may be more nervous than he was when he asked Izuku out. No time for comparisons right now, he needs to finish!

Once he was done though, he packed everything up, double checked and then set everything inside in the picnic basket his family owned then he went to his room to thoroughly clean himself up. He dried his body then proceeded to step out back into his room, walking to his closet to get his already prepared clothes. He has a lot of clothes but he wanted to look presentable for the little cinnamon roll that he's trying to impress.

He chose to wear a new shirt his parents just launched in their business which was a black shirt with an orange cross on the chest then put on a moss, army green colored bomber jacket on top of it. He put light washed jeans for his lower half then finished it off with his Timberland boots. He brushed his spiky but soft hair then went back to the kitchen to grab the ready picnic basket then headed towards the genkan to put on his boots that he has carried out of his room since he hasn't really worn them so they were just in there.

(A.N, there wasn't any official colors for the sketch Hori-sensei made so I made up the colors but tried to make sure they looked good together 😭)

N, there wasn't any official colors for the sketch Hori-sensei made so I made up the colors but tried to make sure they looked good together 😭)

He put the basket down quickly and slipped his shoes on his sock-ed feet then picked it back up. He heard footsteps going down the stairs so he looked up and saw his parents, Mitsuki first then Masaru.

"Already going, lover boy?" His mother teased with a smirk

Masaru chuckled.
"Seems like you're ready to leave, have fun both of you." He said, very supportively

Katsuki scoffed but he had a slight blush on his cheeks.
"Shuddup... thanks, I'm leavin'." He replied

"Use protection!" Mitsuki states cheekily which made Katsuki groan just before he stepped out and closed the door. The woman cackled as his husband fondly shook his head and went to prepare their coffees for the day

Katsuki sighed once he got out and closed his eyes for a moment to calm down before he started walking away from their house and towards the Midoriya's. They agreed on meeting halfway down their places which meant by the tree he had introduced the greenette to his idiotic friends (which were definitely helpful in the making of this date).

He got there and saw that Izuku was already there, standing and nervously looking around then down at his wrist watch. The blonde stopped on his tracks for a little to admire the smaller as he smiled to himself. He looked really cute in his clothes, he was definitely engulfed in all of the fabrics he wore today which made it extra cute. Hell, he's cute always. After a minute or two, he walked closer to Izuku and the smaller looked towards him, back straightening with a blush on his face.

"H- hi, Ka- Kacchan." He greeted shyly

"Hey 'Zuku, you look really good." Katsuki said, immediately firing a compliment towards the greenette

"Tha- thank you." Izuku muttered as he held his cheeks that were quickly warming up

"K- Kacchan to- too... r- really ha- hand- handsome.." He mumbled as he got more red

Katsuki chuckled and hummed then grinned.
"Thanks, Greenie. Glad you think so." He replied, sounding a bit smug to tease the smaller

He got closer to him and hugged him carefully with only one arm unfortunately but Izuku didn't mind and hugged back as he sighed and pouted at him which made the blonde chuckle some more.

"Anyways, here's the food I prepared for us." He told him as he lifted up the picnic basket for Izuku to see who gasped

"Ka- Kacchan m- made us fo- food?!" Izuku asked in surprise and excitement

Katsuki's food was really really amazing! He didn't think he'd get to taste it so soon once again but here he was! He couldn't wait, he's so glad he agreed on the date!

"Sure did, I made as much as I could that I thought you'd like." The blonde said and gave him a soft smile

"I li- like a- anything K- Kacchan ma- makes!" Izuku stated happily

Katsuki blushed slightly and nodded.
"Great then, now stop being so cute and let's get going." He said as the greenette shyly nodded

The taller then silently offered his hand. It was sweaty so he had to wipe it against his pants for a bit then offered it again to him. Izuku giggled and shyly took the hand before they started walking. The blonde was totally enjoying this and so was the smaller, it felt casual yet also quite intimate for the both of them. They walked and chatted together until they arrived by the park.