Chapter 32: Shit

Another day, a new morning. Izuku feels a lot more relaxed than usual, a lot happier too although the anxiousness, stuttering, nervousness is still there, maybe it'll stay with him for a long time, but who knows. All he knows is that he's happy right now, he feels a lot lighter. If he knew he'd feel like this after telling someone else his struggles other than his therapist, he would've been a lot more eager, a lot more desperate to find a worthy friend but it's better now than nothing ever.

He was walking to the entrance of the U.A campus after Yagi, his mother's boyfriend, gladly drove him to school. Inko was also with them, they were on their way to work anyway so the taller and older blonde offered to drive him to the famous school.

"T- thank yo- you T- Toshinori-san!" Izuku said as he got out of the car and bowed at them

"We'll see you later at home, Izuku. Be safe at school." Inko told him with her motherly smile and comforting voice

"Yes, I'm sure you'll do great today." Yagi added as he smiled at him

Izuku nodded and bowed again before he waved and walked on ahead while the couple in the car drove away to work. The green haired boy walked inside and continued to do so until he arrived at their classroom where Tenya, Ochako, Tsuyu, and Shouto were already waiting while they chatted since classes won't be starting for the next thirty minutes. They always arrived early.

"Izuku, good morning!" Ochako greeted as Izuku walked over to his seat and put his bag down

"Hello, Izuku-chan." Asui said as she waved

"Good morning." Shouto stated with a small smile

"Hi Izuku, good morning. I hope you had a good night's sleep." Tenya said along with his greeting while also fixing his glasses

"Go- good m- morning to y- you g- guys too!" Izuku replied with a smile

"A- and yes, I- I di- did s- sleep we- well. Th- thank you f- for asking." He added with a giggle

They all noticed how much of Izuku's stutter has lessened, it's still there, but it's noticeably improved. The realization made them smile over at the innocent boy, they wanted to protect that smile, protect him as much as they could. He doesn't deserve to be treated like he was before nor he deserves to be ignored, not anymore.

Izuku looked at them confusingly with a tilt on his head. It made them chuckle fondly at him but continued chatting nevertheless. Before they knew it, thirty minutes had passed and their homeroom teacher, Shouta Aizawa, had already opened the door and stepped inside the class as he closed the door behind him.

"Good morning Sensei!" Tenya, the class president led as the other followed after him, greeting the teacher as they stood

"Good morning, you can sit now. I'll be starting the class." Shouta said as he put his few things on the table in front that was meant for the teachers to use as class started like usual.

~~~~~

Time went by pretty quickly for Izuku. He was now walking off campus with his friends, usually they went to the bus stop together, but they had to separate ways before that. Shouto had something to do at home, Ochako's parents would be over to her place, Tsuyu needed to go home early because her siblings didn't have anyone to look after them and Tenya was going to accompany his brother in some errand given by their father.

So right now, Izuku was walking alone to the bus stop with a small smile on his face. Before, it was a really big deal to him whenever he was walking by himself just like he usually was in those times, but right now, it's changed. He didn't mind the tranquility the loneliness brought, he didn't have much thoughts besides happy ones and grateful ones too. While walking to the bus stop, he was near said stop when he suddenly bumped into someone and interrupted his train of thought and made him scramble to gain balance and stand up so he could apologize to the person or people he bumped.

"I- I'm so- sorry! I wa- wasn't l- looking whe- where I- I w- was go- going, pl- please fo- forgive m- me!" Izuku stammered to say as he looked up to see who he bumped only to regret doing so

He saw two very familiar faces but not the kind of faces that he was glad to see, never was and never will. They were sadistically grinning down at him as they stood tall, towering over at him as all three of them sat. It's as if Izuku's world froze but not in a good way. Nervousness and anxiousness bubbled up inside him as thoughts ran through his mind like they were all in a marathon, shouting for him to walk away and run the other way to save himself but before he could, hands were on his shoulders, stopping him from moving as he's frozen on his spot.

"Ah, where are you going now?" Yo asked with a smirk as his hand gripped Izuku's shoulder

"Tch- I'm not happy about this meet up, but whatever, you can't run away, Deku." Neito grumbled as he did he same with Izuku's other shoulder

Izuku could feel his eyes moisten just from the sight of them, he probably looked like he was being dramatic in other people's perspective right now but he's panicking.

"You know, we could've talked a bit earlier than this, but that boyfriend of yours just interrupted us, then the next time the whole squad's there too. How funny." Yo said as he maniacally laughed while they stood there

"H- he's no- not-..." Izuku tried to retort but he was cut off

"You have friends? Are they even real? Maybe they're just using you, taking advantage of you, worse maybe they're just befriending you out of pity? That's unbelievable enough, but a boyfriend? Ha! Not only disgusting, but also that's literally impossible." Neito stated

"No one loves a stuttering mess, Deku." He added

"And you're gay, that's so hilarious!" Yo laughed as if he was crazy

"After all this time, you're still the useless Deku. No one's gonna truly love you. None, never." Neito told them as if it was a fact when it wasn't

"So disgusting. Let's get away from him before he infects us with his faggot-ness and just all of him." Yo said as he pulled his hand away just as Neito did the same and dusted their hands as if to brush off any essence that came from Izuku

Izuku was tearing up as he couldn't do anything but stand there and listen to them as he shook in his spot. Before the two bullies left, they spat on Izuku's clothes and smirked as if they achieved success then walked away like nothing happened. That was the last straw for Izuku, tears ran down his face as he quickly made his way to the bus station. Luckily, even after all that, the bus he was supposed to ride just arrived and the doors opened.

He stepped inside after he hurriedly tried to wipe the tears that messed up his face. He felt like he blacked out the whole way home. He trudged out of the bus after he paid and the bus drove away. Izuku walked and walked, knowing in the back of his mind that there was only one person to go to so he followed the voice in his head and went to him.