Chapter 21: Date!

It was Sunday and there's never been a day where Izuku felt more nervous than now. Well... Okay, that was an exaggeration because he often feels really nervous but he was too nervous to think about how nervous he'a been in the past! As if right now he's more nervous than he's ever been. He kept contemplating what to wear. It was so hard to decide! Pants are a good option, but it's too hot out for jeans or slacks. Shorts could be great, but that may look too casual. As for his shirt, maybe a button up? Eh, he doesn't want to look too formal. A normal shirt then? That might be too plain. Patterned shirt? He can't go too crazy on that. A sweater or a hoodie? No! He already said it's hot out. Uh... He was just having a hard time.

After a small panic attack and some breathing exercises he decided finally to go with something simple since this is his first "date" anyways. Izuku went for a simple white t-shirt with "fun shirt" written on it and yellow cargo shorts that reached down below his knees then pairing it with his favorite red shoes. He actually tried styling his hair, but it wouldn't work so he just tried his best to keep it neat and not like he just woke up from a 24-hour nap.

He was then ready for their dat- day out. Katsuki on the other hand, wasn't really all that nervous, but he still kind of over-thought everything. Not too much though. He wasn't a nerd who was overly nervous. He did go with just something casual. So he slipped into some light blue jeans then put on a white V neck t-shirt and tugged on an orange button up, but left it open. He rolled up the sleeves then slipped on a pair of orange and green high top shoes. He felt it was casual, but not too casual. He wanted to look good and of course he looked great as always.

Izuku messaged Katsuki that they'll meet up in front of his house. When the blonde texted back an "okay." Izuku left his house and stood near his mailbox to wait because he was nervous. He had ten minutes before Katsuki would meet him. Right at ten o'clock Katsuki came strolling out of his house with his hands in his pockets. He does that a lot.

"Oi." Katsuki called out when he saw the other standing near the Midoriya mailbox

Izuku jolted from his nervous muttering spree and looked over to see the blonde approaching him.

"He- hey Kacchan!" He greeted, looking up at the taller with a smile and a faint blush on his cheeks

Katsuki chuckled and reached a hand out to ruffle the shorter's hair.

"You look cute." He stated with a small smirk

Izuku smiled again as his blush got darker.

"T- thank yo- you. Y- you al- so lo- look gre- great." He replied

"'Course I do." Katsuki proudly huffed, making Izuku giggle

"Should we go?" The blonde asked as he put his hands in his pockets again while Izuku nodded at him and they started to walk down the sidewalk side by side

"Um, how- how a- are you to-day, Kacchan?" Izuku asked trying to start up casual conversation

"Pretty good. Glad I have a day off I could spend with you." Katsuki unconsciously flirted

Izuku chuckled and nodded in agreement.

"I- I'm happy." He said

"What 'bout you?" Katsuki questioned, looking at him.

"I- I'm fe- feeling g- gr- great." Izuku replied with a smile but he was a little mad that he was stuttering more

He was just so nervous and fidgety. Izuku hopes it doesn't annoy the blonde before they even get to do anything. He doesn't want to ruin this day before it even happens.

"Good." Katsuki said with a curt nod

The two continued to chat as they roamed around town.

"Where do you wanna go first?" Katsuki asked the other