Chapter 62: Nerds Together

After that bus ride that felt really quick to the both of them, they had arrived at the merch store. It was in the mall but it occupied about half of the floor. Izuku and Katsuki stepped out of the bus, hands still interlocked because they were both eager to keep it like that and too shy to pull away. They were given the chance to finally be alone and get to do this, they will make it last despite all the butterflies in their own stomachs.

They took the stairs just so they could take a few more minutes before they arrived at the front of the actual merch store.

"We're here." Katsuki said as he looked over at Izuku who he saw looked really happy, eyes sparkling brightly as he tried to not seem as giddy as he feels but he's bad at hiding that from the blonde

"Ye- yeah! I w- wonder if th- they ha- have s- some ra- rare All M- Might s- stuff!" Izuku babbled, sounding and looking excited

"Pretty sure they have 'em, at least some." The taller said as he chuckled softly

"I h- hope! Le- let's go!" The smaller eagerly pulled him inside which the blonde didn't fight him over

Much like how he did for Izuku before, he wanted to spoil the man. Even more than he thinks he deserves so Katsuki will let him look around and find what he like which he figured would all be All Might related which he understands because he's a not so secret nerd about the fictional hero too.

The taller went to grab a basket for the stuff they pick out and started to walk around without pulling their hands away from each other. Katsuki hoped his hands weren't that sweaty, that'd be horrible, he doesn't want Izuku to be feeling all that up. Not knowing that the smaller himself were also worrying about that.

Anyways, they looked and walked together, seeing all the other merch as well as types and kinds like plushies, mangas of all sorts, figurines and the like. This place was actually one of Katsuki's favorite because it has a certain space for All Might because the franchise just has that much of a demand to all ages. Izuku didn't know that though and the blonde was leading him towards the spot.

"Hey, I got something to show you." The taller said, catching Izuku's attention and making him look towards him

"Hm?" The green haired hummed and tilted his head

"Close your eyes for now." Katsuki instructed which the smaller followed because he trusted him

The blonde then carefully lead him towards the All Might corner. He continued to hold his hand and walk him until they arrived right in front of him.
"Okay, we're here. You can open 'em now." Katsuki told him

Izuku did slowly, eyes adjusting to the lighting but he immediately recognized what's on the corner, he'd recognize those colors and that huge grin as well as that rabbit like hair of his. It was an All Might filled corner in the shop!
"A- All Mi- Might!" He exclaimed and got closer to the merch displayed

"Hell yeah, this place got basically a shrine for him cause lots of other people like him." Katsuki said as he followed after the smaller because their hands were intertwined

"T- that's so co- cool!" Izuku happily said as looked over at Katsuki with that cute ass grin of his that never failed to make the blonde's heart skip a few beats like it's enough to kill him which it is

"I know, guess ya like it?" The blonde asked as his ears tinted red the longer he looked at the greenette

"Mm-hmm!" The smaller nodded eagerly

"Good, now pick whatever you want." Katsuki said, like he was demanding it to him

"I ca- can?" Izuku asked

"Yeah, I'll pay for it so don't worry about it. Don't you hold back." The taller huffed

Izuku blushed shyly, Katsuki already knew he would but since he was given permission... guess that's his cue to be a little free! It's like a little treat from the person he likes! That's very nice of him and very romantic too. Others might think it's weird that he thinks it's sweet for someone to be buying him All Might stuff but that's how he is, he's so happy about it! 

With the blonde's statement of not holding back, the smaller didn't. He, of course, was still very careful with what he picks so Katsuki wasn't wasting money on stuff that he already had because he's spent a good (high) amount of his own money buying merch all these years. They continued to pick out some things, the taller also grabbed stuff for himself because it was his idea to go here after all. He's glad Izuku enjoys the place as much as he and his inner child does. 

In the end, they managed to get new volumes of mangas, posters, matching plushies and so much more little things. 

"A- are yo- you r- really sure I- I c- can g- get all th- this, Kacchan?" Izuku asked him for the umpteenth time now while they walked to the register. Why? Because they managed to fill up about three baskets worth of purely All Might stuff

"What'd I say?" Katsuki asked him back as he looked towards him

"T- that I do- don't h- have to wo- worry a- about i- it..." The smaller muttered

"Exactly, do that. My hag and old man got so much money, I have lot of shit to pay for these. It's nothing, I can get you more if you want." The blonde said

"I- it's o- okay! Thi- this is a- all g- good, no mo- more!" Izuku replied, shaking his head, this was more than enough!

"A'ight then, let's go pay for these so we can go eat." The taller suggested, he was holding two baskets and the other was with the greenette because guess what? They were still holding hands! It was unbelievable but they definitely enjoyed it more than they'd like to admit to anyone. They're so glad there's only a few people in the shop with them along with the few workers.

"O- okay!" The smaller agreed and they went to the register then got their things all ringed up and put into bags for them to carry easily, they thanked the staff before walking out

They felt really happy being together and alone like this, just doing the same things they like. They hoped to have more days like this but today wasn't done yet!

---

Hey guys! So um... it's been a month and I'm sorry, really. I was totally caught up in school shit and I had exams which I think I did pretty good at. Anyways, like I said, I wasn't lying when I said in the previous chapter's A/N that I'd take a while to update and it won't be changing anytime soon and I hope y'all understand that still.

I hope you enjoyed this one though, they're getting more and more romantic progress. Sorry again and thank you for the patience as well as to anyone that's enjoying this, see y'all on the next one!