Chapter 10: Inko Midoriya

Katsuki and Izuku left the Bakugou household just past eight in the morning. Izuku once again tried calling his mother, but it the calls didn’t even go through this time. I only made him more worried than yesterday. Once they got back to the Midoriya house hold they saw Inko’s car. Izuku rushed to his door with Katsuki just behind him and knocked on the door, but again no answer.

They didn't have any other choice so Izuku decided he would break into his own house. Katsuki was against it at first until Izuku told him that he keeps his window unlocked so it was more like sneak into the house rather than break in. Katsuki agreed and they walked around the house to Izuku’s window and the smaller pushed it up then went in. Katsuki climbed through the window and joined Izuku in his room.

“A- Are you oh- oh- kay- okay, Kacchan?” The green haired tee asked

“M fine Deku.” Katsuki nodded

Izuku nodded back with a small sigh and walked towards his bedroom door to open it. As soon as he did, the smell of alcohol invades their senses so they had to cover their noses. Izuku rushed out and entered the living room looking for his mother. Katsuki grumbled about the smell quietly as he continued to follow the shorter.

They didn’t see Inko in the living room or the kitchen so Izuku suggested checking Inko’s bedroom. The two walked towards Inko's room at the end of the small hallway, passed Izuku’s room. It was way worse here, it reeked of sweat and something else.

That genuinely worried Izuku. Was his mother hooking up with someone? She would tell him wouldn’t she? Unless she didn’t want him to know? That wasn't the case, right? He didn't know what to feel anymore, he was just too overwhelmed. He's angry, disappointed, worried, and scared all at the same time.

Before they moved, Inko was dating a guy that Izuku didn't really like. He was an addict. His favorite substances were cigarettes and alcohol. The guy was a chain smoker and always had a beer in his hand. At first it wasn’t that bad so Izuku actually liked him, but over time as the man sank further into his addiction, it got to a point that Izuku started to despise him.

Eventually Inko invited the man to live with them and Izuku hated it, but didn’t say anything. He wanted his mother to be happy, but it just made their situation even worse and mostly for Izuku. Because he couldn't tolerate the guy sometimes, Izuku started hanging out over at Mirio's house often just to get away from his mom’s boyfriend do a little while.

The longer the guy lived with them and Inko fed his addiction, the man started loosing his control over himself. He would go around sleeping with other woman then he come home drunk. It frustrated Izuku to no end and made it worse when he would come home after school while his mother was still a work and find naked women in their house. The guy didn’t care about his mother at all!

Those things were pretty bad, but that’s not even the worst of it. There was a times when he touched Izuku inappropriately but then one day he had dragged Izuku to his room and stripped him bare. He always mentioned that the green haired boy looked girly and cute or he would just say vile things in his ear when Inko wasn’t in the room. It always made Izuku’s skin crawl and feel uncomfortable. Fortunately Inko got home from work just in time and caught the creep before he went further.

Izuku was completely traumatized, he was a middle schooler at the time. He couldn't understand why the guy did that and that was the first time he experienced having a panic attack. Because of that, Inko went ahead and promised him that she'll never hook up with anyone anymore right after they reported him to the police. A month later he was arrested. Right now though, it didn't seem like she kept her promise. Did she break her it? She didn't... Right?

Katsuki was disgusted, this was definitely not something he wanted to see and he’s sure Izuku feels uncomfortable. As they walked through the house he spotted discarded clothes and uncomfortableness settled into his own body.