Chapter 35: Stay

Katsuki and Izuku quietly stayed on the bed while they kind of cuddled. They both didn't mind though because they liked being this close to each other. Their feelings for each other were unspoken, but they could feel their hearts beating until they synced up and started to beat as one. It was a bit cliché, but they both thought so.

The silence was comforting, it wasn't awkward, nor restraining. It was perfect if you ask them. The AC whirring sound on the background that was on because it was summer and Katsuki gets too hot at times, it brought quiet vibrations around the room that eased the two. The cold yet still comforting air was nice to the skin, it wasn't too cold either.

Izuku had his eyes closed as his breathing finally calmed down. His cheeks were a bit wet because of the tears that shed earlier but he was fine, he hasn't felt this comforted before. Mostly it was his mother who did the comforting but she's mostly busy nowadays because of work, and he can't always depend on her when she's got her own business to handle.

He could ask his other friends, but again, they had other things to do, probably more important than this. Katsuki though, even if there was other stuff he had to do, he was still there and ready whenever Izuku needed him. Not like their other friends aren't but Katsuki was just different. Izuku has realized that the blonde has a hard time saying or expressing his through feelings so he rather show it than say it which wasn't a big deal. It actually made Izuku smile, he didn't have to hear Katsuki say something to know that he's feeling like this or that.

He's thought about Katsuki saying he loves him back, but it's always resulted in him blushing so hard and not being able to process it but he gets those butterflies in his stomach while he feels his heart thump abnormally loud in his chest which makes sense. For now though, it's only going to happen in his imagination. It's kind of enough but there will be times that he would want more.

The quietness was broken by Katsuki when he suddenly spoke up.

"Hey Izuku." He called out lowly

"Mhm?" Izuku hummed questioningly with his eyes closed while he rested on Katsuki's shoulder

"Wanna stay over for the night?" Katsuki asked while his hands remained around Izuku and holding him close

Izuku briefly looked up at the blonde while he looked down at him, enough for their complementary colored eyes to meet and see each other while they hugged.

"L- like sl- sleep o- over?" Izuku asked to clarify even though he knew the other meant that

"Yeah, unless you don't wanna, either way's fine with me." Katsuki replied, not wanting to force Izuku into anything

"N- no! I ju- just w- wanted to c- clarify." Izuku told him

"So is that a yes?" Katsuki questioned

Izuku nodded.

"Yes." He answered, quite shocked that he didn't stutter,but it just meant that he was improving and his stutters weren't getting worse

Not that it was a bad thing before, but he just wants it to lessen so he can start to speak up some more, just like everyone else.

Katsuki nodded as well.

"Okay, good." He said. He didn't look like it, but he was extremely happy that Izuku agreed to his personal request.

He was actually quietly contemplating in his mind whether he should ask Izuku or not but now, he didn't regret that he asked.

"I- I sh- should t- tell Mom." Izuku asked with pink cheeks

Katsuki looked at him and hummed.

"Yeah you should, don't wanna get her mad for kidnapping you. And you should also eat dinner here." He suggested