Chapter 27: Shindo Yo

The so-called Bakusquad and Dekusquad, both dubbed that by Katsuki's friends, were having fun with each other in the arcade. They played basically everything in there. Skeeball, hoops, air hockey, racing games and even shooting games. They got a ton of tickets and traded them in for a bunch of prizes. Katsuki got a green stuffed bunny rabbit for two hundred tickets and gave it to Izuku.

"Here." The blonde said handing it the shorter

"W- what's this for?" Izuku asked looking at the stuffed animal

"A bunny for a bunny." Katsuki shrugged

Izuku blushed and took the rabbit hugging it to his chest.

"Th- thank you Kacchan." He smiled

He was having so much fun, it's been so long that he's had this much fun when he's with a bunch of people. Izuku never really liked crowds, but these people, his friends were great. They were the best. The kind of friends he's always wanted. Now he has them and he couldn't ask for more. They were understanding and caring. They weren't judgmental unlike most of the people Izuku has met and haven't ditched him because he's "weird" yet. His new friends also didn't seem to be cruel like his old classmates who tried to get close to him only to hurt him later on.

Regardless of all that, Izuku's found better friends now, true friends that actually think nicely of him. Friends that appreciate him, understand him, don't let him be left out in anything. They don't judge him when he messes up his words, they're helpful when he gets stuck on a word, and they care for him like no one else does. Though the group is pretty chaotic, sure, but they're great people. Izuku thinks he can't ask for anything better, maybe less bullying from Neito and wishing that he doesn't meet that guy from his date with Katsuki again, but other than that, he's happy. He hopes that this continues and doesn't end, he's never been so happy.

But all good things must come to an end. Soon.

~~~~~

"Ha~ that was fun, I won a bunch." Hanta said with a grin, clearly teasing Denki

"Hey, you cheated on a lot of them! How could you win in most of those?!" Denki shrieked

"Just admit you suck and shouldn't have challenged him, Denks." Mina giggled as she poked Denki's stomach

"Heh, sore loser." Katsuki added with an evil smirk

"Pfft-" Kyouka laughed as Denki huffed

"Don't sulk now, it's your fault for challenging your over-competitive friends." Hitoshi stated as he raised a spoonful of food to his boyfriend's mouth

They were currently in the seating area after ordering and getting food. It was near the bowling alley so the constant knocking over of pins sound was in the background along with the light pop music that floated through the air.

"I- I do- don't t- think it- it's nice t- to be m- me- mean De- Denki." Izuku told them quietly, not recognizing any of the teasing since he wasn't used to it

"Oh don't worry about it, Izuku! They're not being mean to me!" Denki reassured him

"... R- really?" Izuku asked, looking at him as he started feeling embarrassed. Did he misunderstand something?

"It's normal for friends to tease each other Izuku so you don't have to worry so much." Tenya explained, fixing his glasses before he continued eating

"Yes, friends that are close tend to tease each other. So things like that are normal for such friends." Momo stated, giving Izuku a soft smile from her seat beside Kyouka

"Yeah! And they're really close so any teasing is probably taken without taking any of the offense, right?" Ochako asked as the Bakusquad nodded

"We're all friends so it's okay to throw insults as long as it's not really that much of an insult, same with compliments, they're good but they're not supposed to be backhanded." Tsuyu added

Izuku blushed and nodded understandingly.

"O- okay, so- sorry for mi- misunder... sta- standing." He said

"It should be just fine Izuku, don't be sorry. I was like that at first as well." Shouto said

"Oh you're fine! You're just one sweet pea that cares so much for others." Mina cooed

"Th- thank you, I- I'm n- not u- used t- to it s- so I th- think t- that's wh- why." Izuku told them

They went quiet, looking at each other before they looked back at Izuku who was blushing out of embarrassment. The silence was broken suddenly.

"It's okay, Izuku. I'm sure you aren't, but you gotta get used to it when you're with us. Who knows what other people mean by shit like that, but at least with us, you're sure that it doesn't mean anything bad. So sit up straight or else your face will fall in your food." Katsuki stated as he ruffled Izuku's curly green hair.

They were both sitting beside each other. Shouto on Izuku's other side then Hanta next to him. Denki had pulled up a chair from a different empty table so he could sit beside Hitoshi. Opposite of them were Tenya, Ochako, Tsuyu and Momo sitting together. Just like Denki, Kyouka also pulled a chair of her own, letting her girlfriend sit on the more comfortable seat which she was thankful for and the other happy about.

Izuku smiled and nodded at Katsuki.

"O- okay! Tha- thank y- you, Ka- Kacchan." He said

The blonde gave back a small fond smile.

"It's nothing, don't mention it." He replied as they went back to eating

Their friends, unknowingly to them, looked at each other again. A couple smiled fondly while the others grinned mischievously as if they knew something Izuku and Katsuki didn't. They were all eating and chatting with each other until they were interrupted by two people. One was familiar to the Dekusquad given that he's in their class but the other was a person Katsuki recognized.

"Ah! Izuku, nice to see you here!" The guy said making the smaller freeze

"Tch- don't act so friendly asshole." Neito rolled his eyes as he looked at the group with disgust written all over his face

The taller dark haired guy turned to the annoyed blonde.

"Oh don't be so cruel Neito, you should greet someone you know when you run into them." He said patting the other on the shoulder as Izuku's friend frowned

Then he turned towards the table of people.

"Anyways, excuse his jerk of an attitude, I'm Yo Shindo, a previous classmate of Izuku's." Yo introduced himself with a smile that could fool anyone but not Izuku and Katsuki

As soon as Izuku saw and recognized the voice of the two, his face paled and he couldn't help, but scoot closer to Katsuki and reach to hold onto the blonde's forearm under the table, slightly trembling. He kept his head down. The feeling caused Katsuki to look over at Izuku, confused at first then changed to worry seeing the smaller's reaction after the two guys approached their table.

He was annoyed seeing that dude from their date before, and he's heard about Neito, Ochako, Tenya, Tsuyu, and Shouto has told them about how Izuku was getting bullied in class even though he's not doing anything. Although he wasn't told about one crucial event that happened that one time. They don't really exactly know what happened to Izuku before he and his mother moved from their old town so even though they're all friends, they're all just clueless.

Katsuki made the smaller let go so he could wrap a protective arm around Izuku's waist and pulled him closer as he looked at the men that disturbed them.

"Anyways, here's my number Izuku! Let's hang out some time in the future or contact me whenever you want." Yo stated as he put a piece of paper with his number written and slid it across the table closer to the greenette

Izuku flinched when he got closer, but didn't say anything or dare look at them for more than a second.

Neito rolled his eyes once again before he started to walk off with a shake of his head.

"Waste of time."

"Haha, we'll get out of your hair now. Izuku." Yo told him

Izuku glanced at Yo once he walked off backwards making a call me gesture then turned to watch where he was going. It was such a relief that those two had finally left.