Chapter 23: Incoming

Katsuki and Izuku chatted more, the greenette's stuttering was still there, however he felt comfortable enough around the blonde that it has lessened a bit. But just like how most things progress, it wouldn't be that quick to recover from it because that's just how he is.

The blonde wasn't complaining though, he could understand the smaller and he gave decent replies so it was still good. He can't help but smile softly when Izuku starts to talk about things he likes. He mutters and babbles a lot. But it isn't annoying compared to how Katsuki usually feel when they talk to him. It's just different when it comes to Izuku.

As their meetup, or *cough* *cough,* their date came to an end, the two were walking back to Izuku's house as the blonde accompanied him. They were walking closer than usual which neither were acknowledging or complaining about. Izuku was of course feeling shy about it, same with Katsuki a little. The taller one wasn't saying anything about their closeness because he liked being near the smaller boy. He feels like he has to protect him at all costs because he was just so tiny, and cute. Not to mention huggable and lovable, he doesn't deserve anything bad.

Up until now, Katsuki still has no idea what really happened with Izuku back in their previous neighborhood. He doesn't want him to leave though, not at all and especially not when he's already this close to really making a move on the greenette. The blonde knows how he feels, he just feels a little hesitant. He's a proud man, he knows he's handsome and he knows that he ticks a lot of boxes of what people consider someone to be a decent human. Most wanted Katsuki and it was easy to tell, but Izuku's different. He doesn't know what he likes in a significant other. Sure the smaller pansexual, but that doesn't automatically mean that Katsuki as a chance to be with him. That's not how it works.

He wants to prove himself, show that he can be the man of Izuku's dreams. The shorter person's opinion is the only one that matters to him anyway. Okay now that he thinks about it, he doesn't want to force Izuku to say it out loud. The smaller one seems to opt out of speaking entirely rather than trying to express his feelings outwardly and embarrass himself because he stuttered. Katsuki could tell that's how he felt when he would get excited about something then have a problem talking about said thing. He always looked frustrated and upset. He knows Izuku still has that kind of doubt, hell he still thinks that Katsuki might feel weirded out whenever he speaks. That nerd.

That's alright with Katsuki though because he just needs to change Izuku's mindset and not let him down himself that much. It's okay that he gets like that, but Katsuki doesn't want to let Izuku think too much to the point that he'll drive himself insane and result in bad things happening to him. He's already gone through a lot, he needs good things going his way to make up for all the shit he's experienced and Katsuki's determined to give Izuku everything. And he definitely means everything.

They were nearing the Midoriya household already and the back of their hands were grazing against each other as they walked side by side on the paved sidewalk. Neither of the two were brave enough to reach out and grab the other's hand to hold it. They were just too shy and thought that it might be too early for that despite them being eager at the idea. They walked quietly, it wasn't awkward or uncomfortable, it was just right. They didn't have to exchange words, just being beside each other was good enough and they cherished the time they spent together.

"T- today wa- was g- gr- great Kacchan." Izuku muttered as he shyly lifted his head up and looked over at the taller

Katsuki nodded and turned towards the other.

"Hm, I enjoyed it, thanks for suggesting this." He replied as he looked back at Izuku

Both suddenly felt shy as their eyes met, but oddly enough they didn't look away like usual.

Izuku smiled brightly.

"I- I'm re- really g- glad you l- liked ou- our d- date Kacchan!" He said before he realized what he said and covered his mouth and basically his whole face

Katsuki snickered as he glanced down at the ground kicking a small rock to the side while his cheeks also had a tinge of pink after hearing Izuku.

"Well, that's a nicer way of putting it." He shrugged

The blonde then smiled and looked back at the smaller again.

"I enjoyed our date too, Izuku." He said

It only resulted in Izuku blushing even more. It even travels to his ears, but he tried his best to reply.

"Th- thank you f- for le- letting m- me i- invite yo- you and acc- accepting it."

Katsuki nodded, hands inside his pants' pockets.

"Nah, it's okay. I could get used to this, this is better than hanging out with my dumbass friends." He chuckled

"T- they're no- not dumb!" Izuku retorted

Katsuki rolled his eye.

"Yeah yeah, they still are for me." He grinned.

He might be speaking this way however he's not letting anyone else speak to his friends, anyone close enough to him to be considered his friend, to speak to them like that. He only has the right.

Izuku huffed, which Katsuki found adorable.

"Psh- don't be sad for 'em Nerd, they're fine and they know that shit." Katsuki stated, ruffling the green curls atop the other's head

Izuku just nodded as he unconsciously leaned into Katsuki's hand, it was warm and comforting. He wonders how it would feel to be held tightly by the man beside him, to be comforted and protected by him.

Unfortunately though, Katsuki had to pull his hand back which bummed the greenette's out, but the taller only put it on Izuku's shoulder so he could pull him close then change their positions. He didn't want the smaller walking by the road. There were some idiots roaming around and driving so he didn't want to expose Izuku to such danger.

Izuku found the gesture sweet and made his heart flutter. It was just a simple act, but he appreciated how cared for he felt at that moment. Katsuki even puts his arm around his shoulders as he keeps him close. Kind of like Eijirou does to the blonde.

It was the perfect moment so he boldly reached a shaky hand to Katsuki's dangling one slightly off his right shoulder and put that very hand on top of the taller's hand. Izuku being the shy innocent bean that he is blushed, but he didn't expect to see a strange expression from Katsuki when he looked up at him. The blonde cleared his throat and looked away with ears pink from embarrassment, but he didn't do anything to shake Izuku's hand away which made him let out a cute, quiet giggle. That was enough for the blonde to hear and it was lovely.

They were happy together, walking side by side as they got closer to the Midoriya and Bakugou abodes. They genuinely enjoyed their official date. While walking though, a man bumped into Izuku's right side. It wasn't too harsh, but it definitely made him stumble slightly.

"I- I'm s- so sorry!" Izuku frantically said as he looked at the taller man with black unruly hair

They were smirking, almost like they were planning on doing that and getting Izuku to speak. They looked creepy too, a bit too sinister and sadistic for Katsuki's liking which made him frown. They were a bit taller than the blonde.

When the man looked over at Izuku and Katsuki, he gave the blonde a quick glance before he looked down at the greenette.

"Izuku?"