Chapter 7: School

Izuku could only sigh when the day came. It was the most dreadful day ever since they moved, in his opinion. Today was first day of school and he has been fidgeting since the moment he woke up this morning, thinking of different ways to avoid any socialization.

But if he avoided speaking, it would only make people tease him because they'd assume that he's mute. Not that being mute is a bad thing but he's not. His new friends and mother have been trying to help him calm down, telling him that he'll be fine.

Izuku had tried on his new uniform. It felt a little weird to him. His old school's uniform had a black blazer but now his outfit seemed really different

Well, first of all, it had a tie! Izuku doesn't know how to properly tie a tie! Even if he tried doing it, it was just really a fail! He started to overthink, thought that people would make fun of him because of that. It's gonna be so embarrassing! So childish! How can he not know something so simple? If he was this terrible at such a simple task, how will his academics turn out? He already sucks at sports!

Inko walked towards Izuku's room, decided to come and check up on his son who was taking a long time.

"Oh dear, you don't know how to tie a tie? C'mere, let me help you." She said as she made her way to Izuku and undid his tie then properly doing it

Izuku sheepishly smiled at her as an embarrassed flush scattered across his freckled cheeks.

"Okay there! Don't forget to come eat breakfast because if you wan be great you gotta start your day off right. I want my son to be the best!" Inko cheered as she smiled up at him

Izuku quickly covered his face as the rest of it turned red. It made Inko laugh, she wonders how her almost grown son can remind her of his younger self. So cute and innocent.

After Inko left to finish breakfast while the boy tried taming his unruly mop of a hair, but it just remained the same. So he eventually just gave up and let it look like a bush on top of his head.

Do I look okay though? Izuku though as he looked in the mirror. The rest of his outfit was nice but he thought his tie looked a little rumpled. it was still way better than him trying to tie it on his own though. He quickly grabbed his phone, checking his notifications before leaving his room to go to the kitchen for breakfast.

Bakugou: Oi Deku. It's the first day of school, ain't it? Good luck or whatever. U.A. ain't that bad, but try to enjoy it and make more friends, 'kay?

With a small smile playing on his lips Izuku typed out a reply.

Me: Thank you Kacchan, I'll try my best.

It was the first time he used a nickname to address Katsuki, it made him blush with how personal or intimate it sounded. He's never gotten close enough to call someone a nickname or pet name. It was even more surprising when the other texted back. He didn't expect the other to text him again.

Bakugou: Kacchan? Where'd that come from?

Izuku internally panicked, did he accidentally offend Katsuki in some way? The blonde said he could come up with a nickname, but what if he was just joking or didn't like the name?

Me: Oh, it's a nickname. Katsuki and -chan. Kacchan. I thought it was hood since you told me to make one for you.