Chapter 34: Comfort

After a while, Izuku finally calmed down slightly, but he was still hugging Katsuki just as he was hugging him back. They were going to stay like this for a bit which neither of them seemed to care for.

"You with me now?" Katsuki asked, mouth near Izuku's ear

His voice was very comforting yet it can't be helped that it made shivers run down his spine. Izuku hid his face against Katsuki's already wet shoulder before he nodded as an answer. It was enough for the blonde for now.

"Good." Katsuki said

To be honest, Izuku felt embarrassed once he realized how close they really were. Their bodies were against each other, he was almost straddling the blonde but the other didn't say anything about it. He just let Izuku cry, it was pathetic but he really needed that one. He very much needed some kind of comfort after that encounter that he doesn't appreciate.

"So what happened?" The blonde asked while his hand continued to make an up and down stroking move on his back which he liked

It was silent reassurance and comfort that he liked because comforting someone doesn't always need words to be exchanged, sometimes small things are also considered comforting and the person who needed it would thank the giver wholeheartedly.

"D- do... do y- you re- really w- wanna kn- know, Ka- Kacchan?" Izuku asked, voice cracking by the end of his sentence

"I mean, yeah, but you don't gotta tell me if you ain't feelin' like it. I just wanna know if you're okay now." Katsuki told him

The taller was unbelievably considerate and generous and also kind. People would take one look at him and that wouldn't be the first thing that comes to mind and it also wasn't what came to Izuku's mind the moment he saw the blonde but, getting to know him and being this close to him to the point that he can run to Katsuki for comfort, for help or something in between, he was totally wrong to assume what he had thought before.

He may not be the most perfect human being out there, but to Izuku, he's up there somewhere because he deserves it. He might have some issues with expressing his feelings, Izuku's noticed that Katsuki doesn't really show any other type of feelings other than annoyance, rage and anger which he's also noticed were mostly feigned whenever he's with friends or family.

Despite him always being "angry", there's a side of him that Izuku has seen a few times. That caring, doting side of him that the shorter honestly likes. Has he shown that side of him to other people? Izuku kind of feels something bubble up inside him when he thinks about other people seeing Katsuki be like that. He wants something special that the two of them share, just them two. It's sappy and cheesy and lame, but Izuku wants that. Was that too much to ask?

"I-.. I wa- wanna t- tell y- you..." Izuku muttered

"Then go ahead, M'all ears." Katsuki replied as he securely pulled Izuku closer just in case he needed his shoulder to cry on again

"I... I- I sa- saw Mo- Monoma a- and S- Shindou..." Izuku mumbled, just above a whisper and enough for the blonde to hear

That was enough, yes. Enough to irk Katsuki and make him fume.

"What?"

"I- it's o- okay... They- they j- just sa- said s- some things.." Izuku said as he slightly trembled as he remembered what happened earlier before he got here

"Izuku, it's not fuckin' okay. Never was and never will be." Katsuki told him sternly as he groaned

The smaller continued to tell Katsuki about what happened earlier as he needed a few pauses here and there before he was finally done which was a bit of a relief.

"Ugh, those bastards. I'm gonna fuckin' kill them and rip their limbs out of their body." He grumbled

Izuku was rather taken aback at how mad Katsuki sounded, but also enamored by the fact that Katsuki was more than willing to be mad for his sake. Normally, that wouldn't be the case. Before, people would just be looking at him pitifully, but not do anything about it and tell them that they're sorry and wished they could help but no one helped. They never did even if they could.

"N- no Ka- Kacchan! T- that's ba- bad!" Izuku told him

"I don't care, they're fuckin' assholes and they deserve it. Why are you even defending them if they hurt you, ha?" Katsuki questioned with a frown as he looked down at Izuku

"J- just... do- don't l- like hu- hurting p- people." Izuku mumbled

"Even if they hurt you badly? You do know that's messed up right? A person who hurts someone else deserves to get punishment for all the shitty things they did." Katsuki stated

"Y- yeah but... I- I j- just do- don't l- like t- the th- thought of h- hurting pe- people." Izuku said

Katsuki was fully aware that Izuku was kind, that he was a really good citizen and a great person, but not to this extent. Not to the point that even though people are hurting him, he's not hurting them back even if he's given the choice and those people are horrible. Shit, he just fell deeper into the pit of love for Izuku. The taller sighed as he hugged Izuku tightly while the smaller hugged back, burrowing his face against Katsuki's other shoulder.

"You're too good for this world Izuku, you're like a fuckin' saint, you know that?" Katsuki said

"I- I'm no- not r- really, but th- thank you.." Izuku replied with pink and warm cheeks

"You are, take it from me." Katsuki told him as the smaller just reluctantly nodded his head.

After a few moments of silence between the two, Katsuki spoke up.

"M'sorry I wasn't there when they arrived and said shit about you." He said, hands behind Izuku while they still hug

They haven't pulled away from each other the moment they started.

"Y- you do- don't have t- to be so- sorry, i- it's okay..." Izuku told him, voice muffled by his face being buried into Katsuki's shoulder

The blonde hummed.

"Yeah, but you could've avoided it if there was someone with you, but I'm glad you're okay now." He stated

"But from now on, you ain't goin' anywhere alone. As much as possible." He declared

That made Izuku giggle, a sound Katsuki very much loves.

"O- okay K- Kacchan." He replied

Who knew that the person he needed to find comfort from was this young blonde lad that he's in love with? Nevertheless, he's okay now. Not completely, but Katsuki was there with him so it's instantly better.