Chapter 31: He's a fan of Toshinori

After the pretty deep talk with his friends, they continued to chat more until it was time to head home. They went their own ways. Denki, Hitoshi, Momo, and Kyouka were walking together since their houses were near each other, Eijirou and Mina were of course together since they lived together, while Tenya accompanied Ochako and Tsuyu on the way home before he could go himself. Hanta and Shouto were also with them since they were going to be in the same bus stop, just getting off at different stations.

Izuku and Katsuki were left together. They walked quietly, standing beside each other with their shoulders and hands grazing against each other. The smaller between the two swore that he could feel some kind of electricity run through the arm that was near Katsuki's. But he's not complaining, the feeling made him feel giddy, made his heart race and made him smile stupidly and blush resulting in his freckles becoming more prominent.

Katsuki could also feel his heart thump a lot quicker in his chest, he felt weird, but good weird. He glanced over at the greenette and blushed himself seeing the other look so cute, so adorable, lovable, and squishable. He had the urge to hold his cheeks and stay there until he got tired of holding him close to him, which he'd never get tired of. He's honestly just too embarrassed to say that forever shit but yes, that's what he means.

He looked away and breathed in and out before he broke the silence between them. Not that he had to because it wasn't awkward, he just wanted to talk to him.

"So Izuku.." Katsuki mumbled as he cleared his throat

Izuku looked up at him. He always looked cute doing so because they've got quite the height difference.

"Mm?" He hummed

"I've been meaning to ask about the guy your mom's dating." Katsuki said, carefully

"O- oh, To- Toshinori-san?" Izuku asked

"That's his name, couldn't remember, but yeah whatever." Katsuki replied

"Have you two been, you know, on good terms or somethin'?" He asked

"W- well, we ta- talked." Izuku answered

"T- then w- we got c- closer as t- time pa- passed." He added

"It.. I- I th- think it w- was w- wrong of m- me t- to ju- judge h- him at t- that time.." He mumbled

"Izuku, you're fine. It's understandable why you reacted like that, okay? Your feelings are valid and at the time, your mom was in the wrong since she totally didn't inform you or whatever." Katsuki stated with a huff

Izuku slightly giggled at the blonde getting angry for his sake.

"We- we're okay n- now." He told him, hoping it calmed the other down a bit

"We, uh, t- talked i- it o- out." He stated

"Bu- but it's be- been a w- while si- since I- I s- saw To- Toshinori-san."

"Really?" Katsuki asked

"What, he courting you too? Not like he's still courting your mom or somethin' but whatever, don't care."

"He- he's not c- courting me!" Izuku retorted with red cheeks

Actually, Yagi was actually doing that. Not exactly courting but just wanting to capture the little boy's heart. He was surely startled when he saw his mother under some random dude, but he wasn't too bad. He's better than his biological dad, at least. Yagi has done a few things to prove himself that he's worthy of Izuku's trust. Izuku wasn't really mad at him that time he found them, he was more like betrayed. His mother promised but it was broken by her on her own will. He was also hurt when she said she was tired of Izuku, he understood why though. It hurts but the truth hurts in many ways than one.

Just like he said, they've talked it out and cleared things up. Yagi wasn't just a co-worker of Inko, he was also the manager/supervisor from what Izuku understands. Nonetheless, he's great, he treats his mother right and properly and he does the same to Izuku even though it embarrasses him at times. Regardless of that, Izuku's kind of ready to accept him fully. Maybe soon? He doesn't exactly know but he knows that Yagi deserves to get his permission, not that he was looking for it exactly but Izuku's been observing him. It sounds creepy but that's how he cares for his mother.

She's experienced enough, did a lot for the two of them, overworked herself, worried, cared and loved Izuku as much as she could.Izuku thinks that maybe that's enough, maybe it's time for her to relax, or at least have someone to share her worries with. And it can't be Izuku, it should be someone intimate, closer to her. Izuku might be her son but he's sure that she's still looking for that kind of romance, the kind of love that's only found in a lover, in a partner, spouse or whatever words that could be used for it.

Izuku's more than glad that she's found someone fit for her and he wishes that Yagi's the last, final love that Inko would have to seek. She deserves the rest, the care and love coming from said partner. Who knows, maybe in the future, she'd be married again to someone worthy of her love, time, care, everything because she does give everything to people she loves. Katsuki could see that fond smile in Izuku's face as he thought to himself. He doesn't know what exactly it is but if he's smiling and happy, Katsuki's happy and satisfied. The boy's smitten in love with the smaller one, he's probably smiling stupidly to himself but he doesn't care about that right now.

The two eventually arrive at Midoriya's place. There was a car parked outside, someone must be visiting.

"T- Toshinori-san's he- here, K- Kacchan!" Izuku told the blonde quite cheerfully

"Oh this his?" Katsuki asked, pointing at the nice looking car as Izuku nodded

"That's nice, you should head inside then." He told the smaller

Izuku nodded again as he smiled at Katsuki.

"O- okay! Yo- you s- should co- come i- inside next ti- time too!" He stated

"I will, 'Zuku. For now, family time. I'll have my fill with him soon." Katsuki replied

Izuku giggled and nodded one last time.

"A- alright! B- bye, Kacchan! S- see you... o- on our da- date!" He said with red cheeks

Katsuki chuckled as if he didn't have blushing cheeks himself while he reached towards Izuku's head and ruffled his unruly curls.

"Yeah, I'm excited, looking forward to it. Now go inside."

"Ri- right!" Izuku said as he let Katsuki ruffle his hair some more before he went over to the door with a last wave to the blonde

Then he walked inside once he unlocked the door. Katsuki watched until the door closed again before he walked over to their own house with a fluttering heart, pink cheeks and ears and a fond smile on his face while his hands were inside his pockets.