Chapter 29: Storytime

Izuku took in a breath and sighed before he started speaking.

"S- so..." He said as the others went quiet and listened to him, patiently waiting whenever he needed some time

"Shi- Shindo a- and Mon- Monoma... t- they we- were my p- previous cl- classmates. Sh- Shindo w- was my f- friend bu- but h- he be- be- betrayed me." He started as he fiddled with his pants nervously

He's never told this to anyone, but he thinks that they deserve to know at least the bare minimum of what's going on. It could either be the best decision or the worst.

"Mo- Monoma h- has al- always bu- bullied me. He us- use to ma- ma- make me do hi- his ho- home- w- work." He continued, voice getting shaky at the memory

He never thought he'd mention this to anyone.

"Don't force yourself, Izuku." Shouto softly said, trying to reassure him

Izuku quietly nodded as he breathed in again then exhaled slowly. He's really thankful that the others were so patient to him. He felt like he had to rush through the whole story since he didn't want to relive the memory again because he didn't like that time of his life, but he also wanted to get through that time and not want to be scared anymore. He's tired of it, he should be past that and he needs to live a better life, but those things aren't forgotten all that quickly and easily. The past never dies. That's just how it is, but maybe with this, he could take down that road slowly and carefully.

"Take your time, 'Zuku." Katsuki added as he put a comforting hand against Izuku's back again

"Y- yeah.. An- any- anyways, Sh- Shindo u- used to a- act li- like a fri- friend b- but he... h- he su- suddenly ch- changed and th- then h- he star- started to bu- bully m- me too..." He mumbled as he looked down at his lap, tearing up at the bad memory resurfacing as he tells them about it

"Bu- but that- that's n- not the wor- worst par- part. One d- day they al- almost... almost r- raped me..." He added quietly as he wiped the tear that slid down his freckled cheek.

Seeing that broke the others' hearts, Izuku was so innocent and acted so pure. How could he, such a sweet human being, go through such a horrible thing? He could've had a much better life than that, but nonetheless, they all know one thing. They're glad that he's past that and that he survived, albeit left with such a terrible memory, it's still better than not having Izuku here with them. They have this need to help him, to protect him as much as they could because he deserves a good, great life even. He probably missed out on a lot of things.

They went quiet as they looked at Izuku. Unexpectedly, Katsuki was the one who first tried to comfort the green haired boy. He gently pulled him close to him and wrapped both arms around the smaller stature. He wanted him to feel secure and this is what he thought of since he's not very great with words. The others started to do similar things, caress Izuku's back, pat him on the head softly, put a reassuring hand on his shoulder, some were even kind enough to hold his cheeks gently and wipe his stray tears away.

Izuku's never felt such softness before, but here he was, being showered by it. He expected them to stand up and walk away. Either because they thought he was lying Or because of something else. Izuku thought maybe they'd be disgusted by him, he thought the friendships they've built would be ruined by now. But no, he was proven wrong. The people he considered friends and who were kind and understanding enough to consider them as one of them as well were still right here, comforting him.

The gestures only made him tear up more and cry on Katsuki's shoulder. No one spoke a word, they only quietly listened and tried to process his words that felt so painful coming from him. It wasn't because of the stutter that he has but everything just about it is painful, so horrible. He didn't deserve such a bad thing to happen to him, they wished they could've met Izuku a lot earlier so they would be able to protect him and not let that happen to him. But alas, it's better late than never. At least now, they could help them in their own ways.

It's going to be a slow process for sure, but they're pretty determined to help Izuku. It's the least they could do after hearing that story. They want to help, not out of pity, but because they just really want to. They want Izuku to live a happier, fuller life, filled with good things without those bad memories haunting him who knows how many times in a day. Nevertheless, they unanimously agreed on that. Not because Izuku needed fixing, but because he needed a better environment and better people to be with and he's with the almost, if not, the perfect people to be with.

"We're here for you, Izuku." Shouto said calmly

"We always will." Ochako followed

"On your bullies behalf and all of the people that tormented you, I'm going to be apologizing for them. I wouldn't expect them to apologize personally so I hope this is enough for now." Tenya stated as he bowed at Izuku once they were all broken up from the unexpected group hug

"Y- you do- don't h- have to d- do th- that!" Izuku squeaked as he saw Tenya bow his head

"We do, Izu-chan." Tsuyu stated

"They're not going to lower their pride because they think they're higher than you which is completely wrong, we are all just equal." Momo told him

"That's right, no one is allowed or should be allowed to continue treating people like that. There's proper punishment for that now, no matter the age." Hitoshi added

"Yeah dude, that's not a manly thing to do. Everyone deserves a peaceful, happy life." Eijirou said

"Sorry that happened to you Zu, but we're here now. For you." Mina added

"It might not be a huge improvement from before, but we'd rather have you here with us, bro." Hanta stated

"Yeah! You've got real ass friends now! Not just one but like... twelve, or something, but you get what I mean!" Kaminari said with a wide smile

"Yup, we're here whenever you need us." Kyouka stated

"Yeah Izuku. We always will be." Katsuki nodded, agreeing with them.

Izuku teared up again and the blonde softly wiped them off of his cute, pretty freckled face.

"Th- thank y- you.. t- thank you s- so much..." He sniffled

"It's nothing, it's the least we can do." Shouto said

"Besides, it's what friends are for." Eijirou stated with a grin

Izuku looked at them and they were smiling as well, he's never felt so thankful before. So he smiled back, even though his cheeks were slightly wet, he smiled back at them. It might not be the whole story or rather everything that's happened to him but hearing such reassurance from his friends, true friends, he felt so relieved and so happy.